CHAPTER TWO

THE ARRIVAL OF EVIL

The entire school had been told in the most threatening tone Fairy Godmother was capable of that they were under no circumstances allowed to "harass our new students, both when they arrive and as they continue their schooling with us."

This had, of course, been replied with many eye rolls but majority of the students had listened, Charlotte, Lilian, Crystal and Lonnie included.

The four girls were all leaning against the large windows in an upstairs hallway that gave the best view of the front of the school. One of the school limousines started driving up the driveway as various students waved cheerfully at it.

Charlotte could practically hear Lilian rolling her eyes from beside her. "They're just a couple of spawns of evil," she scoffed. "Why are they all making such a big deal out of this?"

"Because Ben said so," Lonnie said, ever the voice of realism.

Lilian rolled her dark eyes again. "His plans going to fail."

"It might not," Crystal said in an uncharacteristically quiet voice.

"Shut up!" Charlotte shouted before Lilian could retort. The limousine had pulled up in front of the school band and the driver was walking to open the doors.

Charlotte didn't know what she was expecting but it definitely wasn't for the door to open and two boys to come toppling out. The smaller boy was lying on the floor while trying to wrestle what looked like a curtain from a taller boy. The school band awkwardly drifted off as they stared at the scene unfolding in front of them.

As they continued to wrestle, three others came out. Two girls, one dressed entirely in blue and the other in purple, and a boy wearing back with bright blue hair.

Charlotte snorted when she saw the blue girl twirl as she looked around at the academy. "This is so much more entertaining than I thought it would be," she said, mostly to Lilian.

Ben, Audrey and Fairy Godmother all stepped out from behind the school band and, presumably, started to welcome the villain kids.

The two boys were now stood up and the older boy was throwing stolen objects back into the limousine. As the talking went on the villain kids looked more uncomfortable, clasping their hands and shifting from foot to stop.

Charlotte's eyes were flickering over the different kids but she found they kept resting on the blue-haired girl. She curtsied at Ben, a coy smile on her face which fell as she stood upright.

Immediately Charlotte felt the urge to hug her but shoved the thought away.

"Char?" Lilian was snapping her fingers in front of Charlotte's face. "You're not listening to a word we say, are you?"

"No," Charlotte replied with a grin, thoughts of beautiful girls with blue hair gone from her mind.

Lilian whacked her arm gently. "Apparently Ben's letting one of the villain kid's room with him," Lonnie said, no doubt repeated a previous statement Charlotte hadn't heard.

"He's insane," Lilian said with a laugh.

"If he gets murdered in his sleep do they leave?" Charlotte asked, the grin still on her face but she was genuinely unsure whether she was joking or not. She didn't want these kids here and as she looked out the window at them as they all shook hands with Ben an uneasy feeling curled in her stomach.

"I need to go," Crystal said, turning around and bolting away.

Charlotte watched her friends' retreating figure, noticing small swirls of smoke coming off of her. "What's got her panties in a twist?" Lilian mused aloud.