23 ⁞ ridin' round

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

"Tadaa!" Lip cheers as he takes off the cover of a beat up car. "It needs some work done to make it look nice, but it drives." He wipes the sweat droplets off his forehead waiting for an answer out of me.

"I love it," I say tiptoeing for a salty kiss.

Lip had been in the junkyard with Kev for the past week fixing up the car. After I complained about riding the L and dealing with rude and creepy people he fixed up a car for me. It was the sweetest gesture ever, and my heart exploded seeing all the hard work he put together.

"Listen. I know it's not a Range Rover or a Porsche, but it's wheels. I just hope you like it." He nervously chuckles. I lean in for another kiss for reassurance.

"Lip, I said I love it." I walk around and open the car door, plopping into the seat. My hands slide on the steering wheel and grip it tight. "Can't wait to drive this bad boy." I laugh.

"I'm glad you like it, now we don't have to carpool with Jimmy." He chuckles and adjusts himself in the seat. I look over to his eyes and lean in for another kiss. Our lips part and I bite my lip. "Come on, let's show off the car to Ian." He buckles himself.

"Y-you want me to drive it? Now?" My eyes widen,

I've only driven in California, not the streets of Chicago. Different place, different scenery, it was frightening to me.

"You have your license; I don't see a problem. C'mon don't be a chicken." He teases.

"I'm not a chicken." I nudge him and notice how serious he was. I turn my sight on the road ahead of me and take a deep breath. "I am not a chicken," I mumble to myself and set the mirrors.

I put the gear on the drive, and the car slowly moves forward. My foot presses down on the gas, and we head off. After a couple of minutes of adjusting to the car, I felt a lot more comfortable.

  We arrive at the Gallaghers, and I put the car in park. I couldn't help but smile; I felt like I could burst from all the happiness. We unbuckle ourselves and lock the car. I walk behind Lip and see that Ethan and Mandy were also here.

  "You look happy," Ethan smirks, and I smile wide.

  "So you like the car? Lip was scared of you hating it because you must be used to expensive cars." Ian says, and Lip hits him in the back of the head.

  "What you think I'm boujee or something? I love it; it was very sweet of Lip." I give Lip a peck on the cheek, and he blushes.

  "Are you going to also fix up the ice cream truck?" Ethan asks Lip.

  "Not anytime soon, why?" Lip asks.

"It's for me, my half sister's mom died, and she has nowhere else to go." Mandy joins in; I could tell she was down and felt sorry.