Chapter 2: Avoiding the Topic

Chapter 2

🔹Amy's P.O.V.🔹

Amy and her parents were standing in the airport waiting for Ashley to get off her flight so they could all be together before Amy had to catch her's to New York. Amy watched her dad pacing around her mother mumbling under his breath,

'He's actually nervous to see Ashley!' She realized with a jolt 'that's a first' Amy thought with a slight smirk.

Suddenly a girl with long black hair walked up to them, she held herself almost regally and walked with a certain grace and sure footedness that made her almost unrecognizable. It was Ashley!

Ashley set down her luggage and ran to hug... Amy! Amy was so surprised she just stood there awkwardly for a few second, not returning the hug. When she realized what she was doing she quickly wrapped her arms around her sister, while their parents stood looking at them in shock.

"I missed you so much, Amy." Ashley mumbled into her sisters shirt.

"I missed you to Ashley" Amy replied lightly, giving her parents a confused look. Ashley then released Amy and moved on to George.

"Daddy! I missed you, so!" Ashley said enthusiastically. As she gripped her father tightly in their embrace. George mouthed over her shoulder, "Daddy?" at Anne who just shrugged and smiled. George squeezed her tighter and said " I missed you too, pumpkin" with tears in his eyes that he tried to hide.

Amy just stared with a bewildered expression as Ashley moved on to Anne, 'was this the same sister who had left a year ago?, the one who antagonized her, treated her horribly and insults her in every way possible?'

' This girl reminded Amy of a side of Ashley she had not seen since John was born, the Ashley that had told Amy that she could be a mother, that she didn't have to give John up, the Ashley that got a job as a cocktail waitress so she could help support and help keep John.

Ashley finished her greetings and stood back to look at them smiling. She got to Amy and frowned, "You look unhappy. Shouldn't you have a glow or something from getting married to the love of your life!? Speaking of, where is your poor poor husband and little John?" Ashley asked with wicked grin.

Amy just stood there speechless grasping for words when George jumped in, "Ash, you must have already been on the plane when we sent out the messages... Amy and Ricky decided not to get married.. Ricky and John stayed home they said goodbye to Amy this morning. We can see them later though."

Ashley gave Amy a stern look, "I know you have a plane to catch but don't think we aren't going to talk about this. I may have been gone for awhile but I know you Amy. I'm the one who knew you liked Ricky before you would even admit it."

Amy let out a gasp that sounded like a sob mixed with a laugh and fumbled with her carry on as someone called out her flight.

"Well I guess that's my cue..." Amy said sniffling.

Anne hugged Amy tightly and said, " I love you, you can call me anytime, okay?"

"Okay Mom," Amy answered.

George was next he said in a gruff voice, "Don't do anything stupid. Text me or Ash as soon as you land, okay? I love you, Ames"

"Okay Dad, I won't. I love you too." Amy choked out.

Ashley was the final goodbye, Amy needed to say so she took a deep breath and turned around.

Ashley smirked slightly, "Don't completely ruin your life while your there, I would like to be present for some of the ruining. Oh and I will be awaiting your call."