Chapter 3: So Many Questions

Authors Note: So sorry for the long wait!!! This chapter is extra long to make it up to you guys.

In New York....

Amy had gotten to her new apartment around dinner time. She had eaten some macaroni and cheese and gone to sleep exhausted from being on the plane so long.

She spent most of the morning unpacking her suitcases and trying to get settled.

Around noon she had gotten a call from Adrian and they had set a time for dinner, which Ben, had unfortunately said he could come to.

They were all still a little jet lagged so they decided to have dinner early.

Amy was locking the apartment door on her way out when she heard her name being called by a familiar, yet not welcome voice.

She turned around slowly.. it was Ben. He was running toward her, she turned away quickly and pulled the key out of the door running out into the street, where she called a taxi and hopped in quickly.

It was bad enough she was going to have to eat dinner with him she did not want to have to talk to him before that.

She calmed herself down and prepared for dinner with Ben. What had she gotten herself into! All she wanted to do was have a relaxing dinner with friends but she had forgotten even her friends would have a million questions about her and Ricky.

She tipped the cab driver and stepped out onto the sidewalk. Then she walked confidently into the restaurant.

She saw Adrian and Omar waving, and smiled, making her way over to them.

They were sitting next to each other so Amy sat in front of Adrian. Just as she had gotten seated,Ben walked in.

Amy squirmed a little in her seat as Ben took his seat next to her.

She buried her head in her menu as Ben asked Adrian how they were settling in. Apparently Mr. Boykewich had offered Adrian and Omar the middle apartment in his building. She was glad to know she wasn't alone in the building with Ben.

Not wanting to be asked any questions, she did not lift her head from the menu or say a word until the waiter came to take their order.

After they had all ordered Adrian turned the conversation to Amy, "Amy how are you settling? Have you talked to John... or Ricky since you left?" Adrian asked.

Amy answered looking very uncomfortable, "Umm.. I'm settling in okay. I still have one suitcase to unpack but it's a small one. No, I haven't spoken to John or... anyone, since I left, I was really tired when I got in last night so I just went to sleep and I've been busy all day today."

Ben, not seeing the discomfort on her face, or simply not caring said, "Yesterday I got a text from Ricky, saying you guys weren't getting married, why is that?"

Amy froze, then she got angry. He had no right to ask these questions!

"Ben. It's really none of your business! So please do not ask questions about me and.." she swallowed hard, she still couldn't say his name "John's father."

With that she got up and announced she was going to the bathroom and if you looked close enough you could see her eyes were filling with tears.

When she got to the bathroom it was empty. She just stood over by a sink and quietly started to cry, sliding down to the floor.

She hadn't broken down and really cried since her big fight with Ricky, about not wanting to get married. She had felt a lump in her throat since then, but had not allowed herself to cry.