Chapter 8- The kiss.

The morning after the party Ophelia was sat at breakfast when the daily prophet arrived. The hall was filled with murmuring from students. "What is it?" Ophelia asked Ron. "Malfoys dads only gone and been put in Azkhaban for being a death eater" exclaimed Ron. Ophelia looked over at the slytherin table. Draco was nowhere to be seen.

...

The next few weeks Draco kept himself to himself. He sat alone in lessons, he rarely attended meals and was nowhere to be seen at any other times in the day. Ophelia was sat in the common room waiting for Harry to lend her his map so she could send an owl to Mrs Weasley about Christmas, which was fast approaching. "There you are" Harry said throwing the parchment at Ophelia as he walked down the stairs. "Thanks" said Ophelia as she caught it. She stepped out in to the corridor and muttered "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" while pointing her wand at the parchment. Before her very eyes lines appeared and formed a map of the castle.

The map showed that the castle was rather empty apart from a few teachers scattered around the castle. Ophelia made her way to the owlery safely without getting caught. Once her owl had been sent she checked the map to plan the safest route back to the common room, however something had caught her eye. Draco Malfoy was making his way towards the room of requirement. Ophelia remembered the job he had mentioned. Curiosity got the better of her as she made her way downstairs to where Draco was heading. She was to busy looking at the map instead of looking where she was going as she walked straight into someone.

She looked up, it was Draco. "Watch where your going" hissed Draco. "Sorry, Its not like I was expecting you to be creeping around the castle at night" Ophelia snapped back, "What are you doing here anyway?". "None of your business, now if you wouldn't mind I'd much prefer it if you wasn't here" said Draco, his voice cold. Anger rose in Ophelia's chest, how could she have fallen for his charm, he was exactly like how everyone said he was. "Whatever job your doing, you should be more careful you know your drawing attention to yourself by being a prick" said Ophelia as she turned and went to walk away. Draco pulled Ophelia's arm and pulled her into the room of requirement.
"Shut up about that, I shouldn't have said anything to you, should have known a blood traitor like you wouldn't be able to keep their mouth shut, even your own family are turning there back on you" scoffed Draco. Ophelia stood there staring at him. She was in shock, she couldn't believe what he had just said after she had opened up to him. "Ophelia, I'm sorry" said Draco softly, he put his head in his hands. "Fuck off" Ophelia spat, she took a step towards the door but Draco held her arm. Ophelia pushed him forcefully. "After everything I've told you!" Ophelia yelled her voice shaking with anger, "I've gone against my friends to back you up and this is how you repay me, no wonder your fathers disappointed in you". "Ophelia, please I just-" started Draco, "You just what? Remember I said I make my own mind up about people, well I've made mine up about you and your exactly like everyone says you are".

Without warning Draco leaned against a dressing table and began to sob. Ophelia stood there transfixed. "I can't do it" sobbed Draco looking down at his hands on the table. "You can't do what?" asked Ophelia her voice much softer, "I can't tell you, I want to tell you but I can't" Draco said as another sob escaped. Ophelia felt a swell of emotion towards Draco, he looked so sick and vulnerable, whatever he was up to didn't matter to Ophelia anymore. She walked slowly towards him, and placed her hand on his back, he jumped at her touch. He slowly turned to face her and sat down on the desk. He wiped his eyes and took a deep breath. Ophelia became very aware how close she was to him. Her body was between his legs. She looked up at his tear stained face it was inches away from hers. Draco's eyes travelled from Ophelia's eyes, down to her lips. She felt her chest tighten, she longed for him to lean in, her whole body ached to touch him. Draco's eyes returned to Ophelia's before his head began to get closer to hers until there lips brushed each others causing an eruption of butterflies in Ophelia's stomach. They both pulled away almost instantly. Ophelia opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted by Draco's warm hands snaking there way around her waist and pulling her in closer so her entire body was pressed against Draco's. Once again he pressed his lips to hers. The kiss was passionate, they moved in sync with each other, Draco's tongue pushed into Ophelia's mouth. She placed her hands around Draco's neck, she wanted to be close to him, the warmth of his skin felt good. His hand moved up to her cheek and he began to stroke it softly with his thumb. The room was filled with electricity.

Ophelia finally pulled away, "I need to go" she whispered, before running to the door and all the way back to the common room without checking the map.
                                      ...

She fell into the common room and was greeted by Ron, "bloody hell Ophelia you look like you've seen a ghost" laughed Ron. Ophelia ignored him she threw the map at Harry as she ran up the stairs and sat in bed. She felt the guilt weigh her down, she felt as though she had betrayed Harry, yet she couldn't help but bite her lip, it still tasted like Draco.