Chapter 4

Barry Allen may quite possibly be the best kisser on the face of the Earth.

After the dessert was eaten and when you two couldn't figure out what more to talk about, things took a turn. A heated turn. And Barry did this thing with his mouth where it felt like he was vibrating against yours! It was heaven.

But of course, as your luck would have it, things never stay this good for long. You hear someone talking out in the hallway, the voice getting closer as it approaches Barry's bedroom door. You hurl yourself off of Barry to a nonchalant standing pose (at least you hoped).

"-if The Flash was smart as he was fast, you'd think-" It's Iris. She looks like a deer caught in headlights, which is funny because then what must you look like? "(Y/N)! I didn't know you were here! I'm sorry, I'm totally interrupting something aren't I?"

"Not really," you say simultaneously over Barry's, "Kind of."

"It's okay," you tell him softly. "I should be heading home anyway."

"Can I walk you back?"

"Actually, Barry-" Iris tries.

"Oh, no it's fine," you say, picking up on Iris' tone. Could it be possible that Barry has been ditching you these past few times for Iris? "It's not that far from here. And this sounds important. I'll... see you around."

You leave the house with a funny feeling inside. Like, maybe there isn't enough room for you in Barry's life and maybe he doesn't even know it. Looking up, the sky is black, only the streetlights and the odd home of night-owls are illuminated.

Once passed the first couple blocks, you start to hear the sound of slow paced, clunky boots following you. You turn around to see whom it might be, but they cling to the shadows, unseen. You walk a little faster. Oh god, they're still following! Breaking out into a full on run, you think you can make it, you see your building from here. But then a tall, hard body steps out in front of your path, causing you to run right into them. An arm tightly grasps your middle and you feel the cold barrel of a gun before you hear it power up.

"Freeze."

*

This is not how you expected your night to go.

From making out with Barry to getting shoved in a van with a bag over your head, and now being tied to a pole in some kind of warehouse. You feel like you're going to be sick. The man, who stopped you in the street, who feels relatively familiar, finishes tightly binding your wrists around the pole.

"There. Comfortable?" he asks.

"Not even close."

"Good."

"What do you want with me anyway? I'm no one."

"Au contraire. You are someone. Someone who could cause a lot of pain to The Flash if something were to happen."

"The Flash?" Who is this guy and why does he think you know the masked hero of Central City? "I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I don't know him. I've never even met him. Really, I swear."

"Are you sure?" The man's tone is oddly playful.

"What's that supposed to mean?" A gust of wind blows in from out of nowhere it seems, making your hair fly all over the place.

"Let her go, Snart," calls out an altered-sounding voice. You follow the voice and see a man in a red suit and mask. A lightning emblem on his chest.