Chapter 31--Tough Love

Zero's POV

Leaving Kaname's room, I kept holding my neck in the place he bit me.

Fast regeneration I might have but you can never be too sure.

Of course I wiped all the blood before leaving but you never know...

Despite my previous tries to go to classes, I didn't want to leave there just yet.

But I know that for him it's harder... Even the purebloods that I hated so much have a weak side to them... And they pass through many more things than others...

I gulped down and moved on. I was in no mood to go to class right now. I just wanted to go back to bed and drift off to sleep. But I can't very well do that either, given that a certain worrywart will come dashing at me to find out if I am okay.

I checked to see if the bruise from the bite was gone, and after making sure of it, I went to the classroom.

I had very well missed the first period but I was right on time for the second one.

During class I rested my chin on my hand and kept staring out the window...

Was our love really something so bad... Could it never be realized...?

Before I noticed I have fallen deeply in love too... Was this feeling always this bothersome??

I am pretty sure I do like Yukki... I always did... Yet I now realize it was probably never in a romantic way... it was some kind of brotherly love...

Love comes in many ways, heh... I wish I knew romantic love was this bothersome before I fell for someone... I sighed and let my head drop down on my desk...

The next thing I knew the professor was scolding me with a book again...

It's a normal everyday... And that person will continue his normal everyday life as well...

What do lovers do....?

Kaname's POV

Aaah!!! I can't believe I asked Zero to leave in such a way!!!! Wasn't I the one who asked him to be a pureblood's lover!? Yet now I am the one who is hesitant about revealing that!!!! Why am I like this...!?

I didn't let him leave for school at first, then I made him my hugging pillow and then my meal and in the end I chased him off the window!?

Can I be any crueler!?

And as my thoughts were running wild on their own, I begun bumping my head on the wall again...

I had no care about who could hear the constant bumping at that point.

I didn't care about anything apart from Zero at that point...

"Ahhh.... why can't I be normal... if I wasn't a pureblood such things wouldn't happen..."

I mumbled under a sigh and lied down on the floor. I knew quite well that I should at least move to the bed in case someone came in but I was quite against that at the moment.

I looked outside the window, at the blue sky... The curtains were still open and the window too.

Although the morning sun was very threatening and annoying at times, right now I couldn't care less about that... I kept staring at the white fluffy clouds... They reminded a lot of Zero's pale skin and light grey hair...

If Zero was a cloud would I ever have managed to catch him...? Or would he fly away to the sun... Ah right... he shouldn't be with me... he should be with Yuuki-with the sun.

As that thought passed by my mind, I thought about it more thoroughly... And came to the conclusion that it really would have been for the better...

Maybe I should leave him alone with Yuuki.... If I care for him, that's what I must do... but why is it that even though it's the logical conclusion, my chest hurts so much....?

I glinted my eyes in annoyance to the sun and closed them, a tear wetting my face...

Zero's POV

The day seemed so long to me... I kept staring at the sky almost like waiting for something. The sun was blinding me up quite a lot that day...

My mind was full of Kaname.

Aaah!!! If only I was a proper vampire too this wouldn't be a problem!!! Oh wait! We are both men so it would be a problem anyway!!!? AH WAIT A HUNTER CAN'T BE THINKING LIKE THAT!!!"

I shuffled my hair in frustration and lied down next to white lily in an attempt to calm down.

Of course I didn't calm down much but it was the best way to put my thoughts in order.

Yuuki... I wonder what relationship does Kaname have with Yuuki... I just can't stomach it being just a saviour and victim relationship... It has to be more...

There are still many things I didn't know about Kaname... I had to learn more...

He did say he would show me everything but... I can't ask him for more blood right now... I will just have to be patient and wait...

Yuuki came over me and woke me up telling me it's our duty.

I stood up being quite willing to go for the first time since I became a guardian...

Yuuki looked at me confused but thankfully didn't say anything.

As the night class passed through the gate, my eyes instinctively travelled upon Kaname but I didn't manage to glare properly and I earned a glare from Souen Ruka who had been looking at me quite threateningly all the while...

Kaname looked me straight in the eyes. I think I blushed slightly but calmed my heart soon enough before anyone noticed.

Kaname smiled tenderly at me, but with a sad expression.

Is he still bothered from this morning...?

Of course we didn't exchange any words, but just our eyes were enough to pass our feelings through. That's what I believed.

I wanted to embrace him tightly and tell him I wasn't bothered by this morning's events at all but given my position... I couldn't do that...

How hard love is really...

To be continued...
___________________________
I gave it my best shot to make it long but I have no idea what happened! Also it's sad! I wanna cry! Damn I just want these two to be happy *cries*

Anyway see ya next month~