Chapter 1: Moving

It was finally the day. It was the day I finally moved out of my parents house. My little brother Will, who always pretended that I was invisible, finally started talking to me. Like it's the last day I'm going to live here and now he will talk to me. My mom and dad are all sad that I'm leaving but I know they wouldn't miss me. They are all caught up in how Will was doing. I guess since he is only 7 that they want him to have a better life than I did.

I went down stairs and I was packing up the last things from my bedroom in the basement when I found a photograph. Blowing the dust off I saw a little thin woman who looked like my grandmother but only 40 years younger. I looked closer and I saw another person in the photo. Not seeing who it was I shoved the photograph into my pocket and ran upstairs with the last of my stuff. " I'll miss pretending your not there, I will, I truly will," Will said crying into my stomach.

"We hope to see you soon little Millie muffin."

"Mother, I'm 19. Stop calling me muffin it was cute like a decade ago but now it is just weird," I told her. I pulled Will off to the edge of the room and I told, "come to my apartment after school on Friday and tell mother you will be sleeping over. Understood?"

"But—," Will started.

"Understood," I whispered sternly.

"Understood," agreed Will. I walked over to my mom.

"Hey mom I was wondering who this person is." My mom walked over and she looked at the picture. She looked up at me with a "where did you find this" look.

"Well that would be your dad of course, who else would that be. Hey darling, don't go digging in places you shouldn't be."

"Mom this was in my room. How could this be in my room? I've never seen it before."

"I don't know darling maybe you just forgot about it and thought you threw it away."

"Your not telling me something mom. What is it? Is there something I should know mother?"

"If you want to know stuff go to your grandma's house and talk to her for once."

"Guess that is where I'm heading then. Bye." I slammed the door behind me and strutted to my car. I can't believe that she was keeping something from me.

I drove for about 3 hours and I finally arrived. It's been a long time since I have seen this house.