Chapter 1: Where the Story All Started

Sunday, November 26, 2017.

Bikini Bottom.

SpongeBob SquarePants woke up at 9:00, usually one whole hour before his usual wakeup time. No wonder the extremely loud horn alarm didn't go off. The moment he opened his eyes, he flashed a smile so huge, you can't miss it. He instantly sprinted like a track star to his living room, stopping only to pick up around 17 boxes of all these unneeded, discarded items.

RECYCLING DAY!!!!

Normally, you would go deaf from hearing such a scream, and his neighbor could relate. Squidward groaned with a painful look on his face and buried his head into his pillow.

"Of all the times he's yelled out his freakin' window, this one has GOT to be the loudest", the suffering squid muttered in anger.

Meanwhile, SpongeBob was happily taking everything that needed to be recycled and throwing it into a bin so large, Gary couldn't get into the room. After roughly 6 hours, he ran over to Patrick's rock.

"Patrick!!!! Do you know what day it is?!?!", he yells, heavily banging the rock with his little hands. 

The rock opens like a clamshell, and a seemingly exhausted Patrick walks out, confused.

"Ummm.... 15 o' clock?", he guessed.

SpongeBob understood he was tired, so he didn't laugh, only smiled.

"No, silly, it's the best day of all time, Recycling Day!"

Patrick was even more confused than before now. "How is that exciting?", he asked.

"Pat, you know I'm a clean freak. I don't like clutter. Clutter is annoying. I can't take annoying. Paper, plastic cups, and unpaid bills collect dust over time......" SpongeBob went on and on, and Patrick knew 2% of what he was even saying, so Pat responded with a simple "Yes."

Eventually, Pat sobered up. While the two were shredding papers in SpongeBob's house ( because Patrick had no paper in his house, or anything, just sand), Patrick saw something that immediately caught his eye.

A picture of DoodleBob.

The SpongeBob-like figure was next to a poorly-drawn pineapple and had some clouds that resembled the ones in the ocean sky as he was observing it.

Patrick looked at it for a while, letting those memories of pursuing the paper rascal around sink in to his rock-hard brain.

Well, I'm going to love saying bye to you, Patrick thought. 

Little did he know that he was saying farewell too early.