Dating

A month flew by & I started dropping hints for him to ask me out. We were already practically in a relationship just without the title so it's not like anything would be different. He'd suggest waiting another month but I was excited & in love so I kept pushing until he finally did. All my friends loved him, I could be myself with him. I trusted him with everything. He'd hang out with his ex girlfriend, go to bars & clubs & I never questioned that he would cheat on me. I was that confident in him. On New Year's Eve we went to my friends house party & he got drunk while I was sober because I worked the next day. I wanted to leave before the ball had dropped because I was tired & had to wake up early in the morning. He was throwing a fit hitting my car & yelling & saying he was going to drive home when we got back to my house. I still got him food & made him eat it & when we got back to my house I begged him to stay the night so he wouldn't be drinking & driving. I forgave him because he was under the influence. Going on three months of dating we'd still have our drunken fights then laugh about it in the morning. Most of our fights revolved around me not wanting to have sex when we were drunk so he'd push me, yell in my face & hit himself in the head or punch the wall. This all became my normal life because I had nothing to judge this relationship off of.