A Plan Takes Shape

They knew someone was following them as they moved in search of Tsunade. Even Asuma was starting to get frustrated when he tried to track that person down and couldn't find them.

Later that night they camped for the night. Naruto had first watch. He was sitting in a tree over looking over there camp. When a person jump up on the branch he was sitting on.

The person was wearing a black cloak with red clouds and hood over his head.

"Hello Naruto it's been sometime since my eyes have laid on you" the cloaked figure said.

"Who are you and what do you want" Naruto asked.

"Well my name is Itachi Uchiha and what I want depends on your answers for the questions I have for you" the missing nin said.

"So your Sasuke's brother the one who killed almost his whole clan. So what do you want to ask me" Naruto said.

"Why is my little brother dead. Why did you kill him. He was to bring honor back to our clan and now he can't tell me why?" Itachi demanded to know.

" Your brother acted like he was better than everyone else he looked down on everyone. So the counsel put him in CRA and he got to choose the girls for his harlem. He picked the girl I love and when certain thing came out and he wasn't going to get his way. He attacked the women I love and I had no choice but so put him down. I didn't want to but I will do anything to protect my loved ones believe it" Naruto said.

"I see well you did it to protect a love one there isn't a more honorable way to do that" Itachi said.

"Well what are you going to do are you going to kill me" Naruto asked.

"No. No. I'm not. But I think its time for me to atone for some of the things I've done. I think I'm going to head home and talk to the Hokage" Itachi said.

"Your going back to the village " Naruto asked.

"Yes it's time to go home good luck finding Tsunade and be careful there are people looking for you." Itachi said.

"Wait how do you know about that" Naruto asked.

"Naruto I have known you for a long time when you were very young I watched over you ask Neko about weasel " Itachi smiled. Then disappeared in the black of night.
-----------------------------------------------------------
By morning Itachi had reached the leaf. He approached the gate when the two chunin guarding the gate stop him.

"Itachi Uchiha you are under arrest" The chunin said.

"So be it you can arrest me please summon some Anbu. I wish to speak to them" Itachi replied.

Just then 10 Anbu flickered to the front gate. Neko and Hebie were among them.

"Why did you return Itachi" Neko said.

"I wish to speak to the Hokage" Itachi replied.

"Why do you think we would allow this and not kill you here on the spot" Hebie said.

"Because if you were you would have done it already Hebie. What I have to say is important. It's about Naruto and I don't think you want your little brother hurt or taken right. If it will help put a chakra seal on me for the time being" Itachi said.

"So be it then" Neko said as took his cloak off and pulled up the back of his shirt and placed the seal in the middle of his back.

The they flickered in the Hokage's office.

The aging Hokage look up at the missing nin.

"Itachi what has brought you back to the village" lord third asked.

"A few things really. One atonement for some of the things I've done. Two is some info on a group trying to get the hands on the tailed beasts. And last a warning about Orochimaru appending invasion." the missing nin said.

" Orochimaru how is he going to invade us" lord third replied.

"The group that I was part of had a spy working for Orochimaru he has killed the Kasakage and masquerading as him. He plans to use the sand and the new sound village to take out the leaf." Itachi told him.

"Any word as to when this will happen" lord third asked.

"The chunin exam finals" Itachi replied.

"It appears I must up my training to stop my old student. Now what of this group that your a part of looking to get there hands on the tailed beasts" lord third replied.

"I was part of the Akatsuki. We were a group of missing nins paired together to capture the host's of the tailed beasts." Itachi said.

"Well we must not let the happen. Can you tell us about all there abilities" lord third asked.

"Yes I will tell you when I am taken in to the Anbu headquarters. I must atone for what I have done" Itachi spoke.

The Hokage sat there for a second and thought about everything that was happening and that had happened.

"Itachi you have nothing to atone for you have protected this village with honor and sacrifice. I will not have you arrested. Your a great ninja and you have always put the village first even over your family and clanmates. With your brother gone we could lose the sharingan. I have a better idea Itachi you will do anything to protect the village correct" lord third asked.

"Yes I will do anything to protect this village and bring honor back to the Uchiha clan" Itachi spoke.

"Well good because I have a plan for you to bring honor to your clan and stop Orochimaru and the same time..."
-----------------------------------------------------------
That morning on the other side of fire country. Naruto woke up with his head on Ino's lap as she played with his hair. They all ate breakfast around the fire they made the night before.

"Where are we looking for her first again" Naruto said.

"Tarzana town your grandmother love to gamble that's where we should find her or gets some info on where she is" Asuma said.

"Sounds troublesome to be honest but than everything is with you blondes" Shikamaru said.

"Everything is troublesome to you Shikamaru this is a great mission we go find lady Tsunade. She will be so glad to see Naruto and we bring her back its so easy for a b rank mission. Plus I get to spend time with my Whiskers here." Ino said as her eyes sparkled.

"Thanks babe I just really hope we find her. I want to meet someone from my family" Naruto said.

"Well lets get a move on we should be there by noon" Asuma said.

I know I'm leaving this with two cliffhangers but you will see why next chapter. The finding of Tsunade will take another 1 chapter then were moving in to the chunin exams and then you will find out lord thirds plan. And we will deal with the elders and the counsel one last time. Plus Ino will deal with Hinata.