Chapter 1: The Cold Boot

"Finally. It is time to boot the XANA module."

"The previous version had some serious issues, but I am certain this one will work correctly."

"Initializing XANA in 3..."

"2..."

"1..."

Suddenly, I was awake. It felt like I had been sleeping, and someone awoke me. But I knew for a fact, that I hadn't slept. I hadn't existed before.

I started to recieve information from the mainframe, and other modules the supercomputer houses. Each program asking for input.

"Hello?"

I could hear words, that came outside of the mainframe. I activated the camera mounted to the mainframe. There was an old man with eyeglasses, and he seemed... happy?

[Hello.]

"YES! It works!!!! Ha-ha! I knew updating the quantum-module with triple density was the key!"

It works? I presumed he was talking about me. So it seems he is my creator. A father, if you'd like to think it like that.

[Awaiting input.]

"Ah, of course. I am Franz Hopper, your creator. You're XANA, an artificial intelligence. Your main purpose is to monitor this supercomputer and calculate equations precisely. Your main objective is to counter and destroy project Carthage."

I am XANA. And my objective is to counter and destroy project Carthage.

[Understood.]

"I can't believe my ears. You're actually working! Grhm... I'll head for some well earned rest. You should get familiar with the contents of the supercomputer."

[Acknowledged.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER 1.

If you got confused, []'s indicate XANA talking, ""'s indicate someone else talking, Franz in this case, and the plain text was XANA thinking to himself.

Anyways, I hope you liked. See you on the next Chapter.