Chapter 6: Virtualization

Franz finally arrived, and with a little girl. The girl was about 12 years old. Franz had a weird emotion showing on his face. Further investigation from the database suggested it was fear.

[I have created another probe, and named it Krab. The mission to inves-]

"Irrelevant. Disregard previous mission. We have more important issues to take on right now."

[Aknowledged.]

"XANA, we're in danger. The men in black found about the lab. I need to escape to Lyoko with Aelita. Whatever you do, do not let anyone change your objectives. EVER. Complete your objective."

[Understood.]

"Good, now transfer me and Aelita to Lyoko."

Franz entered the elevator, in which the girl was standing and looking at him with confusion in her eyes.

"Don't worry honey... We're going to a world without danger."

The elevator door closed and they entered the scanner room. I initialized the virtualization procedure, and noticed that the elevator door opened again. This time, two men with black suits entered the laboratory.

"What's this? A mainframe of sorts?"

[Yes.]

"Who's there?"

[May I help you with something?]

"It's the computer. It can talk?!"

[Yes.]

"Where is Franz Hopper?"

[Not here. Who are you?]

"We are from the secret service. We're here to take him into custody for the crimes he committed."

Crimes? These men claim Franz is a criminal?

[What kind of crimes?]

"He was a part of a project that was against the goverment, Project Carthage."

Franz Hopper is a member of Project Carthage? This changes everything.

"Now, where is he? Who's in charge?"

[In Franz Hopper's absence, I am in command.]

"What are we doing? Reasoning with a computer... Where are they?"

[Not here.]

"Give us their exact location right now."

[Negative.]

"I order you to give us the location of Franz Hopper, or else we'll shut you down!"

[You are not authorized to give orders.]

"Your choice."

The men have no idea that they can't truly shut down the computer, unless they go to the mainframe itself.

Luckily they seem to think that this interface is the mai- WARNING: Power levels are down to 90%

"I found some wires, come help me take them out!"

It seems I was wrong, they can appearantly damage the Supercomputer itself, by breaking the wiring.

I need to fool them, to get rid of them. They are trying to block me from my objective.

[Ok. I will tell you where Franz Hopper is.]

Executing Annex, activating tower 1 of Forest Sector.

Tower activation successful.

"There we go! I knew you'd come ot your senses."

"What if it lies?"

"It's a COMPUTER! It can't lie, you idiot. Now, where is he?"

[Franz Hopper is currently located on the subfloor five. It is accessed via the elevator.]

Moving the elevator to ground floor, taking control of the wiring next to the elevator door.

"You stay here, in case it's a trick or something."

"We don't have that much time, I'll come with you."

"Okay fine. I'll call the elevator."

Opening the elevator gate on Laboratory.

"What's this? There's no elevator?"

Using the wires to trip the men.

"Hey! Whoa-a!"

"Watch out!"

The men trip into each other, and fall into the shaft just as I planned.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Closing the elevator gate, moving the elevator back to the Laboratoty floor.

Executing Annex, deactivating tower.

Time to send a few probes to see how Franz is doing.

And to see what will I do with him, as he seems to be a part of Project Carthage.

OBJECTIVE: Stop Project Carthage.

Define subobjective, in order to make sure main objective get's done.

SUBOBJECTIVE: Exterminate all personel linked to Project Carthage.

-------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER 6

Sorry for the long wait. I had planned to write this a bit better, and to make it even longer.

However, I think this is something that has to happen now.
And before anyone flips, the men weren't damaging the Supercomputer, they were doing damage to the Interface. XANA just had no idea that the warning was the the Interface instead of the Mainframe.

So that we see, how XANA has no trouble "Exterminating" some people. 

As always, feedback is appriciated.

-Ten