Chapter 3: Work

Suddenly, I was alone.

And my system time had been reverted by 12 hours. It seems that the Return To The Past program does not affect other modules, such as myself or Lyoko. It also seems, that the Return boosted the q-bit particles inside the computer, providing me more computing power. This must be noted for further usage.

Franz Hopper arrived at the exact same minute as previously, and started the conversation with a different sentence.

"Have I been here today?"

[Yes. And no.]

"Did I happen to say anything in particular?"

[If you are referring to the execution of the Return To The Past protocol, yes. I am 100% functional, as the Return does not affect other modules linked to the supercomputer.]

"Ha-ha! I knew it would work. Time to start polishing you up. I am going to add some new modules into your system. A sector alteration program and the Annex program."

[Understood.]

"The sector alteration program does exactly that. It allows the creation of bridges, mountains, and well, basically anything to make it easier to move on Lyoko. It can also erase everything else but towers as those are needed."

Altering the sector. That is most likely to get from point A to point B easy and fast.

"And for the Annex program... It allows access to the true power of this gem. By using the Annex program, you can activate towers in Lyoko. These towers allow direct access to the supercomputer's core, and have limitless possibilities."

Annex program allows access to the towers. This needs to be tested later on.

[What do you wish me to do with these?]

"Nothing for now... But these are necesseary programs to take care of Lyoko. Which reminds me... I want you to start compiling the virtualization program. I shall test it tonight."

Virtualization?

[Any further details?]

"There is a prototype inside the scanner module. Think of this as your... final test. I'll be back in six hours."

Franz left the room, and I was left to complete my task. I presume that I was given the programs for a reason, and that I need to use those. So it is time to activate a tower. I sent the probe close to a tower numbered six. Executing Annex... Sending energy to Tower 6 of Forest sector. Tower activated. The tower started to emit red smoke, as an indicator of activation. That makes it easier to locate those in Lyoko.

I opened the prototype program, and started to re-code it, as it had many syntax errors, and was just poorly structured. In few minutes, the code was looking organized and ready to use. Franz seems to have left a flower into a scanner, so I'm going to test it with that. The flower has a profile in the supercomputer, so creating one is not necesseary. Scanning, flower... Virtualization. Error, data not transferred. Ah, the code is trying to find variables from biological entities... I'll remove that. Replacing that to look from the profile created during transfer. Now, it has to be directed to somewhere... I'll add it as a variable, called "Destination". Attempt #2... Scanning, flower... Virtualization. The flower was now gone. And when I checked the probe, a flower was being virtualized next to it. Success. The virtualization is a bit slow, but that can be fixed by injecting the process directly into the core functions. So, it's a success. Time to deactivate the tower, and start to work on the devirtualization program.

Once six hours had passed, Franz was nowhere to be seen. Humans weren't as precise with timing as computers are. I'll dematerialize my probe, and go inspect another biome... I could improve the probe... To make it faster and more efficent. Flying could be a solution. Mark studying hornets for later usage.

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER 3

I told you I'd update faster :P

This one is a bit longer, and might be a bit boring as I went into detail :D

But, I promise you, that future chapters will have more action in them.

-Ten