Chapter 5: Scipio

Every single sector feeds data to the core of the simulation, something labeled as "The Heart Of Lyoko".

It would seem to be located in the center of the module, yet my scans indicate there's nothing there on the holomap.

How strange, there's actually nothing there. Not even the digital sea, which seems to be everywhere.

Logically, there's something that I'm not supposed to find. Or, I am... Challenge accepted.

Analyzing the data flowing to the center. Hm, references of something called "Sector 5". I'll run it by database.

Something to do with Carthage, searching the Internet for Carthage.

The only reference to Carthage is on a newspaper produced by Kadic Academy. The article used a history book as a reference.

Checking if the book can be found online... No results. Only local copies. Run scan of the area. There seems to be multiple mobilephone signals in the area.

Extend scanning parameters, search for all electronics that connect online. A camera? Marked as "Teach-003-HIST". Presumably means history class.

Perfect. Attempting connection... Failed. I need more power to attempt a brute force connection. Executing Annex, activating tower 1 of Forest Sector.

Tower activation successful.

Camera access granted.

They seem to be discussing about something, enabling audio.

"... so, Ben? Have you read your homework about Punic Wars?"

"Yes ma'am, what about it?"

"Which Roman general played the keyrole in bringing down Carthage?"

"Scipio Africanus did."

"Africanus? I thought he was Roman?"

"Africanus is his last name, not a birthplace. You'd know this if you read your homework Keith."

"Ma'am? Why did Scipio want to bring down Carthage?"

"An excellent question Katelyn. You see Carthage was..."

Carthage was conqured by Scipio Africanus. Running both names through database. Match found.

Linked to a sector labeled as "Sector 5". Object type: Hidden. So it's a password.

Run, carthage. Password: scipio.

A spherical sector appeared to fill the void on the holomap. The sector itself seems to provide me with more processing power. I'm curious why the sector was hidden from me...

Scans indicate that it's linked directly into the supercomputer itself, like the towers on sectors.

It is as large as the other sectors, but most of it has nothing in it.

Seems to be a storage of sorts. I'll move my source code to the empty spot on the sector. This should increase my processing power, and provide me a constant link to this sector, so I won't have to reconnect everytime I need to access a file on the root.

Transfer will run in the background. Time to check out the other cameras. "Teach-002-CHEM", accessed.

"...and you see, that by combining Bromothymol blue and Queen bee acid, we get a liquid that turns yellow. That means the liquid is an acid and that Bromothymol blue can be used to find out..."

Franz is... Teaching these humans? Is this why he didn't come back after 6 hours? There's also a man in a suit outside staring inside. Marking that for later inspection.

Transfer complete, closing camera connection.

Executing Annex, deactivating tower. Let's see what Sector 5 can do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF CHAPTER 5

An update to the story, finally. :D
No worries, I have most of Chapter 6 written out in advance, so it'll be out faster than this :P
We've seen that XANA can manipulate Earth through towers, I wonder what possibilities this opens for him...

As always, feedback is appriciated.

-Ten