.:3:.

"Mom, is it alright if I go out with friends tonight?" Ren called from his room. "Depends. Where are you going?" His mother called back. "We were gonna head out to a party down the block, is that okay?" Ren answered, fiddling around with his double-bladed pocket knife that was shaped like the batarang from Batman. It was silent for a moment, his mother obviously contemplating the idea before answering. "That's fine as long as you're home before eleven!" She replied, causing a grin to overtake Ren's neutral expression. "Okay, mom!" Ren smiled, unable to contain the small, girlish giggle he let out. It sounded creepy coming from someone with a pretty deep voice.

Ren carefully and gently ran his fingers along the blades of the knife before putting them back in their original position, shoving the knife into his hoodie pocket. He walked over to his closet, digging through the multiple plastic containers containing his summer clothes until he found what he was looking for. It was an old, faded pink duffle bag that belonged to his sister before she disappeared. Ren sighed, running a hand over it multiple times to wipe off some dirt and lint that was stuck to it. He pulled it open, realizing something was in it. It was his sister's favorite stuffed animal, Rocky. "I've been looking for you for years. I'm surprised you're still in damn good condition." Ren murmured to himself.

He smiled sadly, pulling the stuffed wolf out of the bag and walking out of his room. "Hey mom! Look what I found!" He called out, trying to find his mother. Ren walked into the kitchen, finding her making sweet tea. "What is it, Re-" She gasped when she turned and saw what he had in his hands. "W-where did you find that?" She asked, reaching out towards the stuffed animal. Ren handed it to her, letting her hold it. "It was in my closet and in one of her old bags she let me borrow years ago," Ren replied, smiling. "Do you want it, mom?" He asked.

All his mother did was nod, holding it close to her chest. Ren hugged her, knowing she still missed her daughter a lot. "Don't cry mom, you know she'd hate to see you cry," Ren spoke up, sensing a change in her mood and aura. His mother rubbed her eyes, a weak smile on her face. "Yeah, she hated it," she replied, her voice shaky and unstable. "I'm about to leave mom," he said, glancing at the clock to see he had ten minutes to get ready. "Alright, stay safe, dear," his mother replied, kissing him on the cheek.

"I will, mom." He replied, smiling at her. Ren ran up to his room, grabbing what he needed and stuffing it into the duffle bag. He grabbed his phone and portable charger, stuffing the charger into the bag before closing it. Ren texted his friends, telling them he was ready. He shoved his phone into his hoodie pocket, feeling it vibrate, signaling he got a message. Ren didn't care about that at the moment, running out of his room. "Bye mom! I'm heading out now!" He called out, running out the front door and ignoring whatever she said to him.

He was too excited to care.

~ * * * ~

Ren shifted his weight to his other foot, staring down at his phone as he waited on his friends. Ren's head snapped up when he heard footsteps off to the right of him. "Oi, who's there?" he called out, looking off to the side. "Eric, I swear to god if that's you fucking around with me, I will not hesitate to drop kick your ass," Ren growled, shining his flashlight in the direction that he heard the footsteps. "Oh, come on! You're no fun!" Eric whined, jumping out of the bushes. "Quit yer whining," Ren replied, glaring at him. "You're such a dick sometimes." Eric whined, crossing his arms and pouted like a petulant child.

"Eh, you are what you eat," Ren replied with a grin, glancing back at his phone. "Stop saying that shit. It isn't funny," another voice spoke up, causing Ren and Eric to look up. It was just James and Alex. James glared at Ren for a moment before sighing. "Seriously," James added, glaring at Ren once more. "I don't give a flying fuck," Ren replied, crossing his arms. Alex sighed, grabbing her boyfriend's hand.

"Let's go explore that old plantation house, okay?" Alex said, looking up at Ren. "Hell yeah. Let's go fuckers," Ren responded, a smirk appearing on his face.