.:5:.

Striker had stepped into a room, dropping Alex and Ren on the floor in front of a man with caramel brown hair that was slicked back. Smoke furled around his face as he exhaled, cold and calculating golden eyes staring down at the two on their knees before him. A young woman sat in his lap, smirking at them, her arms wrapped around the man's neck. He took his cigarette in his free hand, absentmindedly squeezing the woman's thigh with his other. "Brooke?" Ren called out to the woman, causing her to giggle. "Yes, it's me, big brother," she responded, tilting her head to the side slightly, causing her long and unruly brown hair to fall out of place. The man huffed, glancing over at Brooke.

"Striker, who are these people?" The man asked in a gruff tone, taking another puff from his cigarette as returned his gaze to the two in front of him. "Trouble and I found these two trespassing, sir," Striker spoke, holding the pair's hands behind their backs to prevent them from trying anything. Alex kept her head lowered, her curly, dark brown hair covering her face. Ren kept his chin up, glaring at the man who held his little sister. The man chuckled darkly, tilting his head back and exhaling the smoke. "I like this one right here. He's got a fire in his eyes," he spoke, raspy chuckles emanating from him. Ren let out an inhuman growl, only earning another chuckle from the man.

"Casimir," Brooke began, earning a glare from the man. "Coyote," she quickly corrected herself, glancing at the man for approval. He smirked, planting a kiss on her throat to praise her for correcting herself. Brooke shuddered, closing her eyes as she inhaled deeply. "What shall we do with these two?" She asked, reopening her eyes. Coyote thought for a moment, looking up at Striker. "How much of a fight did they put up?" He asked the faceless being.

"The girl put up a surprising fight. The boy was exceptional as well," Striker responded, his grip on their wrists tightening. Coyote went silent again, huffing when Brooke kissed him on the cheek. He nudged her, putting out his cigarette. Brook got the message, getting up and standing beside the chair they were in. Coyote stood, leaning down so that he was at eye level with Ren. His golden eyes started glowing as he gripped Ren's chin, forcing him to look into his eyes. Ren didn't back down, glaring at Coyote.

Coyote chuckled as Ren stared into his glowing eyes, watching the boy in front of him become hypnotized. "You will now do my bidding," Coyote growled, straightening up when Ren's eyes began to glow like his. "Rise." Coyote commanded. Ren slowly got to his feet, keeping his head bowed slightly out of respect. "State your name and whatever the hell you wanna be called," he stated in a bored tone, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Renier Everhart. Call me Night," he replied, raising his head some. Coyote turned his attention to Alex.

He grabbed her chin roughly, forcing her to look into his eyes as well. Her eyes eventually dulled, some of her dark hair falling in her face. Coyote frowned momentarily, releasing his grip on her chin. "Rise," he growled, huffing when she did so. "State your name and the name you wish to be called." Coyote growled, glaring at her. "My name is Alex Gryffon. I wish to be called Shade." She replied mechanically. Her dark brown eyes almost seemed darker now.

"So Night and Shade, eh?" Coyote asked, scratching his cheek. "That's real cute," Josh spoke up, smirking. "Night and Shade. You gon' start calling yourselves Nightshade now?" He asked, still smirking. "Trouble, shut the hell up," Coyote growled, glaring at the younger boy. Josh started giggling like a little school girl. "You'll both be serving me from now on." Coyote turned away and plopped back down in his seat. Brooke returned to her place in Coyote's lap, throwing one arm over his shoulder.

"Striker, find them a room," Coyote commanded, his arm coiling around Brooke's waist. The slender being nodded, disappearing off somewhere in the old house. Coyote's eyes glanced over Ren, attempting to gauge his abilities so he could figure out his ranking in the little hierarchy he invented. "Jack!" Coyote called out loudly. A strange skittering sound could be heard before the door was thrown wide open. "Yes, mi rey?" A creature with grey skin and no eyes spoke up, hissing quietly when it saw Ren. Coyote glared at Jack.

The eyeless creature scampered over to him on all fours, it's empty eye sockets directed towards the man before him. "You called, sir?" The creature spoke again. Coyote barely even gave the grey-skinned creature a second glance before returning his attention to Ren. "Jack, I want you to test the new recruits' strength." Coyote responded blandly. Jack paused, seeming hesitant. Coyote eyed it warily, daring it to defy him. "Well? What are you waiting for?" He huffed.

"Sorry, sir," Jack replied quietly, turning it's body towards Ren and Alex. "Hurry up, I don't have all night." Coyote growled, lighting up a cigarette. Jack nodded in response, taking that as the go-ahead. The sound of flesh ripping and tearing apart filled the room as Jack opened its maws. An inhuman growl joined the mix as Jack lunged at Ren, snapping at him. Ren wasn't really expecting it, yelping in pain when a set of sharp teeth sunk into the flesh of his arm. Ren reacted by punching Jack in the nose, causing it to let go.

Jack hissed as he backed away, holding its nose. Ren lunged at Jack, pinning it to the floor as he growled. His nails turned into claws and his teeth sharpened as he bared his fangs at Jack. Ren was growling like an animal, digging his claws into Jack's neck and shoulders. A black substance started dripping from Jack's wounds. It grunted as it tried escaping Ren's grasp. Ren dug his newly acquired, razor-sharp assets deeper into Jack.

Jack continued to struggle, swiping at Ren. It ended up nicking Ren right under the eye. The cut was fairly deep, blood oozing from the wound. Jack managed to gain the upper hand by slashing Ren's cheek, growling loudly as it did. It pinned Ren to the floor only to fly back into the wall. The force of the impact caused the wall to crack in certain spots. Ren started to lunge at Jack, but was stopped by Coyote speaking up.

"That's enough. You're doing well," Coyote complimented Ren, huffing afterwards. The truth is, he just wanted to end the fight because it was just boring him. It went on long enough for Coyote to calculate Ren's rank, however. "Ren, you're assigned the position of Segundo Arma." Coyote yawned. Coyote waved Jack off, dismissing the eyeless creature. "Jackal, you test Shade." He whispered to Brooke. Brooke nodded and stood, cracking her knuckles as she smirked.

"I love beating the piss out of the newbies."