.:1:.

Ren opened his eyes, sitting up to stretch, only to realize he couldn't move an inch. Sleep paralysis. 'Fuck.' He thought, struggling to move. A strange, grey-skinned creature was standing at the foot of his bed. The most noticeable thing about it was that it had no eyes; just empty sockets with a strange liquid dripping out of them. It  crawled onto his bed, inching closer and closer until it was practically on top of him. Ren then noticed something silver glinting in the moonlight and it seemed to be some sort of blade.

He internally panicked, struggling to move until he was eventually able to move. Ren panicked and grabbed ahold of the creature, wrestling with it until they landed on the floor and he had it pinned. It was growling and baring its fangs at him, struggling underneath him. Ren opened his mouth to shout at his mom to call the cops but suddenly realized he couldn't speak. 'God damn it.' He thought, thinking that maybe it wasn't really sleep paralysis at all and this damn thing had some sort of weird powers. "Let me go." It snarled, still struggling against Ren. Ren only tightened his grip on the creature's arms and held it there, not letting it go.

"I said let me go!" It screeched, freezing when it realized just what it had done. Shuffling was heard in the other room  and the creature disappeared as soon as the door opened, leaving Ren on the floor on his hands and knees. "What..." he breathed, shaking his head as he slowly stood. "Ren, are you alright?" A voice asked. "Yeah... Just a nightmare. I'm fine," he replied, sitting down on his bed. "Are you sure?" The voice asked again and Ren realized it was just his mother. "Yeah, mom. I'm sure. Just go back to bed, please," he answered, looking at his clock to see he had one minute until he had to get up and get ready for school.

"Alright. Well, I hope you have a good time at school today," his mother said with a smile just as his alarm went off, startling him. She closed the door and left, chuckling to herself. Ren cursed under his breath, scrambling for his phone to shut his alarm off. He regretted setting Unravel as his alarm tone since it was so loud and nearly gave him a heart attack every time he heard it. At least it did its job in waking him up. He sighed, turning on his light since it was still dark out and stood, stopping when he noticed something on the floor. It was a scalpel that was stained with something.

Ren picked it up, careful not to slice his hand open with it. "So that's what it was holding..." Ren mumbled, placing it on his nightstand before getting ready for school. Donning his usual all black attire, staring at himself in the mirror. "God damn, I look like some edgy goth kid." he muttered under his breath, snorting at his own comment. "Probably because I am one," He added, staring down at his fingernails he painted black a few days ago. Ren shrugged, humming indifferently to himself as he picked his bookbag up off the floor and grabbed his ID, something his school made all the students and teachers wear. He started to leave his room, hesitating as he looked back at the scalpel on the nightstand.

Something compelled him to pick it up, so he did, shoving it into his pocket as he walked out of the room. "Bye mom, I love you!" He called out as he walked out the front door. Ren looked back at the woods behind his house, seeing a shadow moving in the trees and underbrush. Ren cautiously approached the woods, slowly pulling the scalpel he found out of his pocket and placing it on a tree stump that sat right at the edge of the tree line. He backed away and watched as the shadow he saw earlier dart out and snatch up the scalpel, muttering something incomprehensible. Ren was surprised as he watched the creature slink away into the shadows of the forest. He jumped when he heard the distant sound of a motor running and he cursed under his breath and ran the other direction so he wouldn't miss the bus.

~ * * * ~

Ren slammed his backpack on the table, startling his friends. "Good morning, ya fucksticks!" He said with a smirk, plopping down on one of the seats. "Good morning to you too, you edgy motherfucker," his friend, Josh, replied, rolling his eyes. His other two friends, Eric and James, greeted him as well. Ren pulled a pencil and his sketchbook out as he spoke up again. "Boy, have I got something to tell you guys," he said, flipping open his sketchbook as he started sketching something. "So, this morning I experienced something freaky as fuck," he started, focusing a little on the sketch as he immediately grabbed James' attention.

"What did you see?" James asked, leaning in as he watched Ren draw. "This," he said, straightening up and flipping the sketchbook around so they could see what he drew. He knew it was rushed and half-assed but it at least looked somewhat decent. Ren had sketched the creature he saw that morning. James' eyes widened and his jaw dropped. "That's the Eyeless man!" James exclaimed, slapping the table out of excitement. "Calm the fuck down, James. We get it, you wanna fuck the creepy eyeless dude," Josh joked, snorting afterwards.

"Fuck you," James retorted, sitting back. "I'll leave that to Ren since he's into that shit," Josh replied, standing up to go throw something away. "Nope," Ren said just as his girlfriend walked over, hugging him from behind. "Hey Alex," he replied, not even having to look up to see it was her. "Hey babe," she replied, sitting down next to him and hugging him. Alex nuzzled her face into his neck, nudging his shaggy brown hair out of the way to kiss his neck. James groaned, rolling his eyes.

Ren smiled, turning to kiss her as he hugged her back. "Can y'all get a room or something? Nobody wants to see y'all two do that," Eric sighed exasperatedly, standing up to leave. Ren sighed, rolling his eyes before resting his chin on Alex's head. "No PDA in my lobby!" Josh shouted as he came back, grinning. "If I had a dick, this is where I'd tell you to suck it, Josh." Alex grumbled, her voice muffled by Ren's hoodie. Ren chuckled, burying his face in his girlfriend's hair as he grinned. He sighed when the bell rang and they all had to head to class.