17| Guidance Counsellor II.

There's some banter between Blaze and BlackLight this chapter xD Also, don't forget to comment and vote if you like this chapter. Honest opinions are welcome. Thanks for reading <3

It was Saturday when I checked Fable next, and BlackLight still hadn't responded to my last message.

Of course, that made me angry. Really angry.

But what made me furious was the string of messages that ran all throughout his Fable profile.

He was chatting with every other person on Fable but me, it seemed. A quick scan through his public account let me know he'd offered to proofread and edit a story belonging to some person named SamHolden. And he'd already completed reading and commenting on couple of other people's stories.

He had the time to proofread their work, but he couldn't find the time to respond to my last Fable message?

He'd even written on his profile, advertising that he would comment and edit other people's work.

I knew he hated me, but did he really have to flaunt that fact? And why was I the kind of person who was so easily ignored?

Inwardly, I knew I shouldn't internalize his behavior. BlackLight_00 was a jerk—he was actually trying to hurt me.

To, SamHolden he had commented, You're a good student. Good job on this.

Thank you so much!! The user replied.

BlackLight_00: There's just one thing left to say.

SamHolden: What?

BlackLight_00: Private Message me.

I messaged him again, not worrying about whether I sounded desperate. So are you going to help me?

No response.

This time I didn't fret though. There was still a way to get BlackLight to notice me and help me edit my story.

                                                                                     ***

KatieAmelia: Hey, I noticed you offered to read and critique other people's work. J

His response came quickly, Yeah.

KatieAmelia: Well...I was hoping you'd read my story, The Rebels.

BlackLight_00: Sure.

A few hours later, I left another comment under his profile again:

KatieAmelia: Um...you said you were going to read my story?

BlackLIght_00: Yeah?

I typed back, ...When?

No response.

When I checked my story The Rebels, there was still no comment from BlackLight. Maybe there was something wrong with Fable's servers? Hopefully it'd be fixed by Sunday.

****

The next day was a Sunday. But there was no sun in the sky. Instead, a cold breeze blew in. I embraced the gloomy weather, because it meant I could start drinking tea and wearing my cozy, vintage, thrift-bought sweaters. I didn't even check Fable until it was almost afternoon, when I saw that there was another message in my inbox.