1| The School Assembly

Heyyyyy! This is an even newer version of the story, I wasn't that happy with the previous one. Let me know what you guys think! Don't be afraid to comment below and be 100% honest. I love hearing feedback xD Don't forget to vote! mwah <3 And a special thanks to unforgiven_mess for the awesome covers!! <3

 I love hearing feedback xD Don't forget to vote! mwah <3 And a special thanks to unforgiven_mess  for the awesome covers!! <3

"Right in here," said Mrs. Claudine, my French teacher, pointing towards the auditorium. "I think they've already started; no one will even notice you going in."

The auditorium doors swung open and the voices of 2,459 Manhattan Dalton Prep students and 91 faculty members, hushed to low, strained whispers and sniggers. So much for an inconspicuous entrance.

A quick scan across the large room told me that the only empty seats left, were on the opposite side of the entrance doors I'd just burst through.

Legs shaking, I set across the football-field sized auditorium, cursing the loud heels I had chosen to wear.

At least I'd worn reasonably tight-fitting jeans today, opting out of my usual jncos I'd bought from the thrift store.

I snuck a look at the principal, Mr. D. Philipps, who was standing behind the podium. From the look on his face, I was guessing that he had been mid-way through a very important speech, before I'd burst in so rudely.

His furry eyebrows were drawn into an unimpressed frown and I felt the bond that had formed between us on my campus visit last week, severing.

How could he manage to look at me with a straight face? To look at me like I was just the new student who happened to be late?

Like he didn't know exactly where I lived, or who I lived with.

Still, it would've been worse if he'd smiled at me. I would have thrown up right in front of everyone.

Click. Clack. Click. I was not even halfway across the auditorium. Why is everyone staring? Hasn't anyone ever been late before?

I knew this was the moment I was supposed to feel self-conscious about what I was wearing. I was supposed to cower as I wove my way through a monstrous crowd of America's richest kids, just to find a seat. But, to be honest, I didn't care enough to care what people thought about me. This whole school was a sick joke.

The eyes of the entire student body and faculty were all pretty much hot glued to my every step. Including jerks like Theo and Adam, who'd snickered when I'd entered the building on the first day of school yesterday.

Yes, I was the girl from the Hovsepian delinquents school. But I was far from a badass.

Finally, I found an empty seat beside a brunette-haired girl with blue highlights, then sent a silent prayer up to God promising that if he kept me out of trouble for the rest of the day, I'd actually listen to the priest in Sunday mass services. Maybe even tune into the pope on CNN sometimes.