Chapter Two ~ A distraction

"Y/N? Y/N? Earth to Y/N." I suddenly snapped back to reality, my eyes falling over the familiar face before me.

"I'm sorry Luce, I didn't hear you."

"It's okay, something on your mind? You've been like this since your shift started, didn't you sleep well last night?"

I smiled and shook my head. "Not really, that's nothing new though. I haven't slept properly since moving here."

Lucy furrowed her brow and smiled. "I worry about you, maybe you should speak with a doctor or something."

I chuckled, Lucy was so sweet and luckily for me she could speak English fluently which made my life at the restaurant so much easier. "I'll be fine, I just think I'm adjusting to my new life here. I miss my family and friends from back home, I was so close with them so making the move out here was a big deal for me."

"Yah, I think you're so brave Y/N. I couldn't do what you've done, moving to another country and starting a new life."

"I met you and the guys though, it was definitely worth taking that risk."

"Aw stop, you'll make me blush." Lucy smiled to which I chuckled and shook my head.

~

My shift ended around midnight, I helped clean and close everything up for the night before saying bye to the guys and starting my walk home.

So....this is my life now. I thought to myself as I pulled my black leather jacket tighter around my curves, it was cold out tonight and my body was reacting accordingly.

Then why do I still feel like something is missing?

I shrugged and pulled my iPod out from my pocket, scrolling through my playlist before hitting play on my favourite track.

Much better.

I thought to myself as the soft melody began to play and my thoughts drowned out with it.

HIS POV

I shouldn't be here, I shouldn't be doing this. If my brothers found out about this....I don't even want to think of how angry they'd be.

Why Y/N? Why did you come back? You weren't supposed to.

I had so many thoughts running through my head, they were driving me crazy. I watched her leave the apartment, I watched her at work and now I'm following her home. I bit my lower lip and allowed my dark eyes to fall over her form, she was so beautiful and my heart suddenly ached for her.

I missed her

I stopped suddenly in my tracks, each fist tightened.

I can't allow this to happen.

I refused to follow her the rest of the way, I needed a distraction.

I needed to forget her.

Y/N's POV

I reached my building and pushed through the main door, the lights in the foyer were already off for the night and so I decided to check my mail box in the morning instead.

"They really need to fix the hallway lights." I muttered to myself as I used the flashlight on my phone to find the lock on my door and open it, my ginger tomcat attacking my feet causing me to stumble over the minute I walked through. I managed to place my palm on the wall to steady myself though before standing upright and kicking the door closed with my foot.

"Give me two minutes Jax." I chuckled, my expression instantly changing from annoyed to amused as he rolled around on the carpet. "You hungry buddy?" I dropped my bag on the kitchen counter and switched the light on, Jax followed and watched patiently as I opened the can of tuna and emptied the contents. "There you go, sorry you had to wait so long." I placed his bowl on the floor and he tucked in instantly.