Chapter Four ~ A leaders memory

Namjoon finished his drink and set the empty glass down on the table beside him with a heavy sigh.

"Joon?"

He lifted his head swifty and smiled as Jin entered the room and stood beside him. "I'm glad you're home, you feeling okay?"

"Weak, using my power twice in one night has drained me." Jin sighed and walked to the fireplace. "Why do you always light this? It's not like we need the warmth." He chuckled and watched the flames dance.

"It comforts me." Namjoon responded.

Jin nodded, turning to his brother. "What did Hoseok say?"

"He reluctantly agreed to let you send her away again."

"He did?" Jin arched a brow in surprise.

"He's hurting, I hate to see him hurt." Namjoon spoke softly, it was obvious he was concerned for Hoseok.

Jin nodded and returned his gaze to the fire. "I know, it hurts all of us to see him suffer. Tomorrow I'll go back and make Y/N leave." Jin sighed, it was difficult enough the first time as she was like a sister to him.

Namjoon nodded and watched Jin fondly. "Give it a day or two." Namjoon suggested.

"What? Why wait?" Jin's tone was one of confusion and surprise watching closely as Namjoon got to his feet and returned the book he was reading to the bookcase.

"Give Hoseok time to say goodbye."

Jin furrowed his brow and followed his brother. "I don't understand."

"You don't need to understand Jin, just do as I ask."

"Of course, you know I follow you without question." Jin smiled and then hesitantly left the room when he realised he wasn't going to get anymore information out of his leader.

Is this the right thing to do?

Namjoon thought to himself as he looked around the library.

Flashback ~

"This is my favourite." Mia smiled as she ran her fingertips over the page.

"Why?" Namjoon smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"It's the first book you read to me." She chuckled which was like music to his ears.

"Is that the only reason."

She slowly turned around to face him, her fingertips dancing along his skin as they explored his features.

"You're so beautiful."
She spoke softly to which he kissed her forehead.

"How would you know?" He teased to which she laughed.

"I'm blind but have other ways to see." She bit her lower lip, that drove him crazy and soon his lips found her own as he delivered a gentle kiss.

"I don't deserve you."

"Why do you say that?" She questioned.

"You're far too perfect for someone like me."

"I beg to differ, you're far too perfect for someone like me."

He laughed and shook his head. "Now that's ridiculous."

"Then guess I'm ridiculous."

Namjoon lifted her gently and carried her out of the room.

End of flashback ~

Namjoon smiled as he reminisced.

"Night my love."

He whispered before leaving the room.