Chapter Three ~ A conversation between brothers

Hoseok's POV

Ivy and ferns grew through the crevices of the old winding stone path, which led directly to the colossal structure. The mansion loomed proudly behind creaky iron gates, flanked by rows of skeletal trees crowned in crimson, swaying gently to the chilly autumn wind. At its threshold stood the delicate marble fountain, the soft gurgling of the clear water melodic as it resonated in the surrounding silence. I made my way through the gate and pushed open the heavy oak door, I knew Namjoon would be inside the library as that's where he spent most of his time.

"Joon?" I announced myself as I stepped inside, my dark eyes scanning the large room. I could smell him, I could sense his presence and after walking over to the first large bookcase my eyes fell over his form as he ran his fingertips over the spine of a book.

"Take a seat brother." He spoke softly but never once lifted his head to meet my gaze, I nodded and looked across to the large fireplace with two armchairs facing each other.

"Okay, I'm sitting." I leaned back and watched him as he selected a book and opened the first page.

"Why did you go against my wishes?" His question was simple enough to answer.

"I needed to see her."

Namjoon sighed and closed the book. "What you've done not only endangers her but also us."

I lowered my head, he was right.

"Do you want a drink?" Namjoon approached me and placed his book down on the table next to his chair.

"Sure, I haven't had anything since this morning."

"Which is why you revealed yourself to the escort girl, your hunger overwhelmed you." Namjoon walked across to the drinking cabinet and removed two glasses from inside.

"I'm guessing Yoongi told you?" I rolled my eyes, Yoongi's gift was the most inconvenient as he could read the minds of others, whenever he wanted should we allow him. It didn't surprise me that once I lost control with the girl and dropped my guard down that he would pick up on that and inform the others.

"He's concerned for you as we all are." I watched as Namjoon retrieved a packet of fresh blood and poured some for each of us, my lower lip trembling as the smell hit me.

"I know." I muttered as he handed me the glass.

"This isn't the first time you've lost control and almost revealed yourself and you shouldn't be so hard on Jin, he's only trying to help."

"How did you know I was hard on him?" I cocked a brow and then sighed. "Let me guess, Yoongi?"

Namjoon simply nodded and sat opposite me, crossing one leg over the other as he sipped at the blood.

"I promise not to see her again, you've got my word." It hurt to make that promise, I knew Namjoon could sense that.

"Can you really promise me that?" He finally questioned, motioning with his hand for me to take a sip. "Drink brother, you need it."

I nodded and took a large mouthful, fangs revealing themselves as the corner of my mouth turned up to form a smirk. "This is good, delivered tonight?"

Namjoon nodded. "I repeat, can you really promise me that you won't see her again?"

I fell silent.

"You know what has to be done." Namjoon added.

I lifted my gaze to meet his. "Namjoon, please don't."

"It's too dangerous for her to be back here, I've already discussed this with the others and was simply waiting until I informed you before giving Jin the task."

I knew exactly what was going to happen, once again Jin would use his power to send Y/N away from me. "I'm not ready." I whispered.

"Not ready for what?" He set his glass down and narrowed his eyes.

"To watch her leave again." My voice broke.

"It doesn't matter, you know it's got to be done, people like us.....we're not built to live a normal life."

I lifted my gaze to meet his, immediately noting the sadness in his eyes which he quickly replaced with his usual stern expression. "Love isn't an option for us. I'm sorry brother." He gave my knee a gentle squeeze, his face one of concern.

"Do you know why I spend so much time in here?" He suddenly asked.

I furrowed my brow at his odd question. "You like to read."

He chuckled. "Yes but that's not the only reason, it's because here." He motioned to the room and smiled. "Is the only place it doesn't hurt when I remember her."

I swallowed hard, was he really talking about Mia? He never talked about her, hadn't talked about her in years.

"You're not the only one brother, we've all lost something or someone."

I nodded, the respect and love I had for him was so powerful at that moment. "Tell Jin to send her away." I clenched my jaw before standing up.

"I'm sorry brother." Namjoon spoke softly, I stopped by the door and gave a nod before leaving.

This was for the best right?