Confessions of a Cancer patient

Thursday, February 17th

Dear journal,

Yesterday I went for my doctors appointment and you would have thought that everything went well, right? No. The test results came in today and I have cancer. Skin Cancer. My world is crashing down around me. Sitting there numbly I had felt a calm hand on my shoulder. "It will be ok." Was all the doctor said. So on the way home I stopped by a cute little stationary shop and bought you! I will be writing in you until I.. die..

Wow. That's just so hard to imagine. My phone's ringing, gotta go.

Best Wishes,

Audrey

Saturday, February 18th

Dear journal,

So, today I slept in late then I went to the coffee shop around the corner and hung out there while I wrote my novel I've been working on while drinking my latte. Suddenly, a young man with jet black hair and piercing blue eyes had come up to me. Without any introduction he just knelt down  and said gently, "What's wrong?" When I asked him how he knew, he said he could read it in my face. Overcome by his kindness, I poured out my heart to him about how I was diagnosed with skin cancer two days ago and only had a short time to live. When I was finished I broke down into tears. He gave me a big hug and introduced himself as Nathan and he told me to call him Nate.

When questioned what I was doing,  I tapped at my manuscript with my pencil and said, "writing."  He asked if he could read it and I accepted.  I sat there studying him as he read. He was wearing a tight fitting black shirt that showed his muscles and matched his hair perfectly. I twirled my dirty blond hair around my finger as he read. When Nathan finished, he complimented me on my writing and then said he had to go and gave me his number and told me to call him if I ever needed anything.  I went home and wrote this all down for you. I'm staring at the little scrap of paper with his number written on it in neat blue pen now.

Best wishes,

Audrey