chapter 4

Saturday, February 25th

Dear Journal,

I woke up today with my head resting in Nate's lap. He was fast asleep, slumped against the Banister, his head on his chest, hand in mine. I had smiled slightly and gently pried his hand out of mine, grabbed a blanket to put on top of him and went downstairs to find that his house was trashed from the party last night. Empty beer bottles were everywhere and there were chip crumbs all over the floor. I had waded through the mess and grabbed a broom and started to clean up. When I finished, I ran home and grabbed you so I could tell you all about last night. When I came back,  I sat down next to a still fast asleep Nate and wrote this. Journal, this might be crazy, I mean we just met, but, I like him. Nate is stirring now. He groans and rolls over.

" whatcha writing beautiful?" he had whispered groggily in  my ear, causing me to giggle a little. I snapped my journal shut and said "nothing. "  He had pulled me closer to him and I snuggled into his warmth, sighing contentedly. "Look, Audrey,  this might be crazy,  I know we just met but I really like you, will you be my girlfriend?" He had questioned. "Sure." I had responded, secretly thrilled. He was still exhausted, I could tell, so when he cuddled me closer I allowed him too fall asleep next to me. I remember playing with his Medium length, jet Black hair as he slept, his light breathing on my arm. Suddenly,  my phone had vibrated,  causing me to jump and Nate to groan softly. It was the doctor. I gently prized myself out of his arms and ran downstairs to take the call.

" Audrey, you need to come in for chemotherapy as soon as possible." He had said, causing me to draw a sharp Intake of breath. "Alright, be there at noon." I had said, as Nate came slowly down the steps. " Who was that baby?" He questioned, concerned. " The doctor.  I need to go for my first round of chemo at noon." I had said worriedly. "It's ok babe, I'll help you through it. " Nate had said in a deep voice. He's so sweet and kind. We grabbed my keys and head out the door the hospital.

Best wishes,

-Audrey