Prologue

Chrysalis became increasingly weak within the hour. She had just left the other reformed changelings a mere three hours earlier. Yet she needed to feed. She fell to the ground, her vision narrowing. "Well... this is it...". She thought, tears falling from her eyes. Then... everything went black.

Chrysalis awakened to a dark room with bars as doors. He horn was clasped with a metal ring. She saw numerous guards around her as her vision cleared. She gasped, backing into a corner. The guards left, leaving her alone. With no one to help her. Or talk to her. Or even someone to care about her. She began to sob quietly. Louder and louder (but not too loud) she sobbed until the guards could hear her from the surveillance camera in her cell. She sobbed for what seemed like an eternity. Until the guards brought in a body. "Here, you may need him.". The guard said. As Chrysalis uncovered the body from the blanket, she gasped quietly. It was Sombra! Her old ally! She felt for a heartbeat. "Still alive...". She whispered. She then laid next to him, whispering, "Don't worry. I won't hurt you. I promise...". She kept a close eye on his movements and sounds he would make as he slept. After all... she needed a king, and he seemed fitting. He was perfect!