Chapter 6

Ali layed in bed that night thinking about what happened with Mr. Hetfield after class earlier in the day. They were both playing a dangerous game and they knew it. Heck, they both admitted it.

"This has to stop. I don't care if he likes me too. I have to get away from him. We would never be able to have a normal relationship. He's my teacher dammit. Does he even want a relationship? Is he even single? Man, I'm getting ahead of myself here. Can't happen. Really can't." Ali kept saying those words again and again. Whatever her heart was saying or feeling, she wasn't listening to it at the moment. She was thinking about how to put her plan on action.

"How am I gonna get Tommy to ask me out? Ehh, I'll ask him out. I doubt he'll say no to me." Ali whispered to herself. She turned to her side and closed her eyes. She wanted to sleep but immediately thought back to what she did to Mr. Hetfield when she leaned into him. At the time, she didn't know what came over her. He was flirting so she guessed she was just returning the favor. She was so close to him that her chest slightly brushed against him. She wanted nothing more that to rip his shirt off and just touch and kiss his masculin body that could be made out from the type of shirt that he was wearing. She could still remember the smell mixture of his cologne and aftershave. She loved it. She smiled and imagined his face and that perfect smile. His mesmerizing eyes, his voice and personality. She liked everything about him. I like him a lot, but nothing can happen. She thought to herself. She cleared her head as best as she could and drifted of to sleep. "What are you doing to me Mr. Hetfield?" She mumbled before dozing of completely, only to find herself dreaming of him now.

Mr.Hetfield was laying down in bed staring at the ceiling. He could still feel her lips close to his ear. Her hot breath sent a shiver down his spine. In that moment, he wanted a to grab her, pull her close to his body and attack her plump lips with his. The sexual tension was overbearing to say the least. He knew there would be no way he could have a relationship with Ali. His student. He would be breaking school policy and not to mention, he would be risking getting fired if anybody were to find out. He knew he would be careful. He was the adult here and he had to control the situation himself.

"I have to ask Ms. Tomasi out as soon as possible. Tomorrow. Hopefully I see her in the teacher's lounge." He didn't want to talk to her in her classroom. He didn't want Ali to think that he was doing it infront of her on purpose. He actually cared about her feelings.

"What are you doing to me Ali Cade?" He closed his eyes and fell asleep. Her beautiful face invading his dreams.

THE NEXT DAY

During lunch time, Mr. Hetfield walked into the teacher's lounge hoping to find Ms. Tomasi in there. He looked around and didn't see her there. He decided to go outside and look for her. Maybe she's talking to a teacher or something. He thought. He looked around, walking through the sea of students. He finally spotted her. Her back was to him and it looks like she was talking to some people who were sitting on the bench. He couldn't really see who it was though. He shrugged and walked over there. As he gets closer he could hear laughs coming from the people that she was talking to.

"Hey Francesca." Ms. Tomasi turned around and smiled immediately when she realized it was Mr. Hetfield.

"Hey James. How are you?"

"Good." he answered. He looked over to the people sitting on the bench and immediately spotted Ali sitting next to Tommy along with a guy and three girls.

Ali's smile quickly vanished when she saw Mr. Hetfield approached them. She tensed up and Mr. Hetfield noticed. To say the situation was uncomfortable was an understatement.

"So James, what's up?" Ms. Tomasi asked

So he's name is James huh? Ali thought.

"Oh umm, I was just wondering if we could talk in the teacher's lounge real quick, before lunch ends?" He scratched the back of his neck and gave her a weak smile.

"Yeah, sure! I just need to wish these two a good time on their first date." She pointed at Ali and Tommy. Ali shifted her body and facepalmed secretly. This hootchie needs to mind her own business and to shut the fuck up too. She thought and was feeling awkward. While Tommy just smiled.

"D-date?!" James stuttered.

"Yeah. Isn't it cute?" Ms. Tomasi smiled.

"Cute? It's not like they're in middle school or something. They're seniors in highschool. Practically adults." He gave a light laugh so it wouldn't seem like he was upset.

Ali could easily tell that he was mad even if he tries to hide it. She honestly didn't want him to find out knowing what his reactions would be. She couldn't do anything about it now though.

Ms. Tomasi and the others laughed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm just a softy for romance." She looked at James with a flirty smile. "I'll see you guys later on fifth. Let's go James." They walked and Mr. Hetfield turned around slightly to see Ali talking to Tommy. He looked away nodding his head. Maybe this is for the best. I don't like it but this is how things have to go. She goes out with Tommy, I go out with Francesca. We stay out of trouble.

"Man, Ms. Tomasi is totally into Mr. Hetfield." Veronica said.

"Totally. I overheard her talking to another teacher and she said she was planning on asking him out." Layla blurted out.

"I don't blame her. He's so hot. Ugh, and Ali you said he was alright?! Are you kidding?"

Ali ignored Veronica's comment and continued to talk to Tommy. On the inside, she was burning with rage but at the same time, she thought it was for the best that he went out with Ms. Tomasi. She didn't feel as guilty for going out with Tommy on Saturday. She still didn't like it though.

"So what do you wanna talk about?" Ms. Tomasi asked as they entered the lounge.

"Oh, umm I was actually just wondering if you wanted to go out to dinner Saturday night?"

"Really?!" She's surprised he asked considering she thought she was gonna be the first to ask. James just nodded his head.

"I would love to!" She smiled and gave him a tight hug then pulled away.

"Great. I'm thinking we can go to a nice restaurant called Acadia. Just give me directions to your house and i'll pick you up around 7."

For the last two days, Mr. Hetfield and Ali kept their distance from each other from each other as much as possible. They made no eye contact and when the bell rang for the end of sixth period, she practically flew out of the classroom. They were both surprised that they had to do it though.

SATURDAY NIGHT

"Told you. That wasn't so bad was it?" Ali nudged Tommy with her elbow.

"No, I guess not." He laughed. Ali had just introduced Tommy to her parents and they really like him. Almost too much for liking her liking. The only reason she introduced him was because it was a rule of her dad. If her daughters were going out on a date, he had to meet the guy first or else no date.

Tommy grabbed Ali's hand as they walked to of the car. She tensed up again but didn't pull away. She didn't want to hurt his feelings. He opened the door for her and she got in. Tommy made his way around the car and got in the drivers seat.

"So, where are we going?" Ali asked.

"To a restaurant that my dad owns. It's called Acadia."