Chapter 21

"Hey baby." James opened the door to allow Ali to come in.

"Hi" Ali said softly and kissed him on the lips. She looked around and noticed that there were papers scattered all over his desk. "What were you doing?"

"Oh, I was looking up info about SFU for you. Since, you're going there, I thought you would like to read more about the school. What do you think?" James smiled at her and handed her the packet of papers.

Ali looked down at the papers and grabbed them slowly. "Oh umm..that's great... babe. Thank you." Ali felt so lucky to have a guy that was willing to do these kinds of things for her. She would feel even more guilty if she broke the news to him right now. She quickly decided to hold out on telling him. She just wanted to enjoy being with him. When she was with him, she forgot about everything. And she needed to forget about everything, At least for a little while. She dropped her bag and papers then roughly pushed James down on the couch. She jumped on his lap and straddled him.

"Someone's eager." James said a little taken back.

"I love you." Ali said and before he could respond, she attacked his lips with her own. She immediately discarded of her shirt and James'. "I want you James...I need you." Ali whispered in his ear then nibbled on his earlobe while grinding on his lap.

James pulled back a little bit. "Wow, wait a sec Ali. Calm down. Didn't you say that you needed to tell me something?"

"Nope." Ali whispered and started to kiss his neck.

"Yes...you did Ali." He pulled her away lightly. "What did you wanna tell me?''

Ali closed her eyes and sighed. "Would you ever...consider moving?"

"Moving?"

"Yeah, you know...if the opportunity ever presented itself, would you ever move somewhere outside of SF?"

"No." James answered sternly. "Unless I was being held against my will to do so."

"Why not?" Ali asked as she began to play with James' inked fingers.

"Because I've lived here my whole life. This is where I was born and raised by my brother. My whole life is here. You're here-" James paused and then continued. "Wait, you're, you're not moving are you?" James asked concerned and sat up. Ali removed herself from his lap and sat next to him.

"Not my family...but I might be." Ali bit her lip. Something she always did when she was nervous.

"What do you mean?" he asked lacing his fingers tightly in between Ali's.

"When I applied for college, I didn't just apply at SF...I also applied at UC." Ali confessed slowly.

"UC? University of Chicago?" James let go of her hands and sat up.

"Yeah. You know since I grew up in Chicago and lived there, I only heard about UC and I had my heart set on going there ever since I was a freshman. And they offer more band courses than SFU does."

James stayed silent for a moment and then spoke up. "So if you get accepted there, you're leaving?" he asked looking back at her.

Ali nodded her head slowly. "That's why I asked if you would ever consider moving. I wouldn't ask you directly to move to NY for me though. I understand your life is here. Your brothers, your friends, your job and I wouldn't to take that awa-" she got cut off by James who suddenly kissed her roughly, but slowly.

"James..." Ali tired to speak but James wouldn't let her.

"Shhh...don't say anything...please." he pleaded and kissed her again. He stood them up and he picked her up bridal style and walked to his bedroom. He kicked the door open and then shut it with the same foot. He layed her down on the bed and began to strip off all of their clothes.