Greeting and meeting

Kate's POV

The art school is a big building on a fairly large ground near the town, Rile-stone. A city like town with businesses, houses, flats, apartments, schools, collages, uni's and lots of shops. A perfect place for me.

I cant believe the collage accepted me so late, maybe I really am good enough. I took so long this morning deciding what to wear to impress. Wanting to look cool and casual, but bearing in mind I'm a late joiner and need to look like I'm worth that late application. I was carefully cutting out options in my head.

I seriously need to choose my outfits quicker.

I came down to the decision of just ripped mum jeans with a white blouse with large frills down the centre and on the wrists. A pair of GUCCI like shoes that are black lather slip on's with a buckle on top. A long brown smart coat and my new black backpack which is those expensive ones that Asian's tend to have for school.

I cant believe it! I'm an art student! I hope I stay out of the drama like I always have, it really is pointless. I'll make some friends and stick to my art work and my paying work.

I walk up to the main entrance and speak to the receptionist who looks young and healthy with a messy bun and a black blouse which looks crazy similar to mine. "Hello, I'm Kate and I am the late application for this new year."

"Ah, yes. I have been told to take you to your art class.Hold on a sec" The slim and gentle women goes into a room behind the desk and says to another member of staff to watch the desk.

As she comes back round she notices my outfit. "My, my, I do love your outfit. Wait, I'm wearing the exact same blouse your wearing but black instead." She laughs and gives a amused smile, with me returning one I reply "Haha, yes we do. I thought yours seems similar. I'm glad I've met someone with the same taste in style."

This women is so nice, must be a good day.

She leads me to an elevator which is in a glass like case on the corner of the building which allows the people in the lift to see out onto the car park next to the main road. We get out of the elevator and walked down a hall way passing class number signs above the doors. I enter the classroom number 18 and come face to face with other students drawing and painting with some listening to music with head phones and some chatting.

"Attention guys, you have a newbie in your class so welcome her" as she speaks everyone stops what the are doing and looks at the 2 people who have just entered the room. They notice me and most of them smile and wave. "and someone please inform her of what project you guys are on. Well, you can introduce yourself, I've got to get back to the front desk." She smiles at me and leaves the room in a rush.

Oh darn! I forgot to ask her name.

As soon as she left the room someone speaks to me, "Hey! Whats your name?" As I turn my head to face the person whose speaking to me, I see there is only about 10 people in the room.

"Oh, I'm Kate. Can someone tell me me what you guys are doing?" I say giving a warm smile.

"Hi, Kate! I'm Madeline. We are just starting our own thing right now. Draw or paint anything you want. You can even sculpt, it's just so our art teacher can see what is our main strength." Madeline gestures to go sit next to her and smiles brightly like a cute 5 year old. Her hair is dyed a beautiful tropical pink and orange om-bray with blue eyes. She has a baggy shirt tucked into smart black and grey stripped trousers. "Thanks. I love the fact that everyone is so friendly here."

"Er, well mostly everyone. There is only one girl who drives everyone mad and she is really not nice" She looks at me with a warning expression with her face scrunched up as if she telling me to be careful as if there is a monster on the loose.

"What makes her drive everyone mad?" Although I'm not the type of person to get that curious, I become one at the hopes that this non-friendly girl isn't in my class.

"Well for starters, she is the cliche daddy girl who gets what she wants when she wants because her dad is the principle of this art school. Also she in this class and we have had some of our art supplies stolen from us." My stomach drops at the the thought of all the mayhem that might happen with this girl in my class.

God dammit! Well, there goes my hope of being out of drama.

She looks more tense and angry with her hands clenching her pencil tight. This hated girl must be a big deal as everybody in the class room begins to hear about us talking about her and all start gossiping with angry and hatred. All chattering about on girl who seems like a devil.

I notice a boy staring at me in the corner of my eye. It looks as if he is sketching me! He is kind of cute.

"Hey, who is that boy over there sitting on the end of the column of art desks?" I whisper trying not to let the boy hear or take notice of me talking about him.

"The cute mystery guy? Haha, I knew you would notice him at some point. His name is Lucas Cassidy. All the girls think he is cute but never talk to him. He just keeps to him self. Now everyone is has given him the nickname of 'cute mystery guy." I care fully look over to him and end up making eye contact. His eyes are an emerald colour that seem to be calm.

Surprisingly he doesn't seem like the type to be awkward and shy away. He smiles gently and I return one.

Why does he keep to himself if he isn't a shy guy?

Anyway, I look at my blank A3 sheet of paper and begin brain storming ideas.

I decide what I'm doing and kick off into my artistic side to sketch my design. Using my new art sketching set I brought only yesterday, I start to draw my favourite flower, a Peony.

Writer's message:

Hey guys! Thanks for reading this far.

TTaylor x