Friendships side by side

Lucas's POV

"Oh.." I look into her eyes and see nothing. Seeing that emptiness scares me, that's what I saw in my brother that morning before school. I can't let her do that to herself.

"Kate. You need to rest. Your parents aren't here and you are taking on all of the house work, your younger brother, your education and you haven't for a day rested or done something fun!" Oh my god I just yelled at her. I can't let myself make this worse.

"I'm sorry I yelled. I really am, I just don't want you to lose yourself and become suicidal. You need your brother yes, but he needs you." I see a little smile form on her delicate lips.

"I'm sorry. I will be less hard on myself and do something fun. I'll text Madeline and ask if she wants to get coffee after school tomorrow, I mean it is Friday tomorrow."

"Thank you. Ill stay here tomorrow and hang out with Sam. I enjoy his company as he is like my little brother too."

"Aww, you can come round whenever you want, Lucas. If you could do that, that would be great. I'll leave my key under the mat."

"By the way just call me Luke. Your a close friend now so it will be easier." I say with a smile.

"I trust you so much you know. I don't know why but I do." That means the world to me. Finally someone trusts me and not turn away from me. What does this mean for me? Do I trust her? Yes, yes I do. 

Kate's POV

After organising tomorrow and seeing Lucas to the door I go and cook Sam and I a rice and chicken meal. After eating we both agreed to go straight to bed as we were both emotionally tired. Mainly after crying, worrying and freaking out so much.

The next day I put on a new black skater skirt I brought a week ago and put it with a baby pink and white blouse. Wearing a denim jacket with ankle boots, I head to school. Making sure to leave the key under the mat for Luke. Wow saying 'Luke' rather than 'Lucas' is a lot easier.

"Hey you ready to go to Costa?" I ask Madeline as she puts on her leather jacket and shoulder bag.

"Yup! I'm glad we could meet up and chat. We an get to know each other."

"Yeah, I need some distress and this will be the perfect medicine." I say as we walk out of the gates into the town where Costa and other lovely shops are.

"Why? You have only just joined, how has the stress caught on to you that quickly?"

"It's not school. I have many things to tell you so be prepared."

As we sit down in Costa, my favourite place to get a coffee, we take our jackets off and take a sip of our hot drinks. It's not to long before we are off talking about everything in our lives and anything else we want to mention.

I tell her my situation with Sam and ended up telling her about me being adopted and finding out my real parents.

"Woah, Kate. This must be burning your candle really fast. Lucas is right you know, I feel like you need to take better care of yourself."

"I know and I will. Anyway enough about me, what do you do in your spare time? Your a tutor right?"

"Yeah, I am. There is this boy called Jacob Savage and I tutor him on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That's where I went yesterday. "

"Ah yes, you said. Do you get paid?"

"Yeah, the parents pay. 

He's been showing good signs of progress lately so they actually raised the pay to £15 a lesson." She shows a big grin.

"Wow yes Madeline! I bet you are so proud."

"I am, by the way, just call me Madie."

"Alright sure. Lucas told me yesterday to call him Luke so join the club! Haha" I feel so happy. My heart feels lighter and I feel peace again.

I'm glad I have a best friend again to tell my worries and troubles with. I feel like Madie and I might be best friends for a long time.

After a lovely time with Madie, I head home knowing Luke was going to be there. I open the door and see Luke's bag on the sofa. The living room is open to the hall where the stairs are so you can see to kitchen doors straight away.

"Sam! Luke!"

"Kate, we're in the kitchen!" What? Why are they in the kitchen?

I put my bag down and take my shoes off then walk to the kitchen. As I walk in I see a cake on the kitchen table being decorated by 2 boys who are covered in flower. Fortunately they are wearing an apron. 

"Boys! Haha! Are you decorating a cake? You even made it!" I grin whilst seeing bowls, spoons and trays at the side of the sink.

"Yeah sis, we wanted to bake a cake for you so we did." Sam speaks with an excited tone which makes me feel safe and happy. He is finally starting to fix his mental problems. Looks like I am too.

"That's right, this one has been a silly one though. Does he even know what cooking is?"

"No. He never cooks and doesn't even know how to work the oven." I laugh and they join in.

I help decorate the cake and Luke keeps on teasing me. He even put icing on my nose, isn't that a bit weird. Anyway, we have a slice of cake and head to bed. Luke is staying over and is sleeping on the sofa. We have gotten so lose so quickly. I really am trusting him a lot on my part, but does he trust me as much as I do?

Writers message:

Yo! Hope you enjoyed that! Let me know what I could include in the future of the story! Some good stuff is happening in the next chapters. Satay tuned!

TTaylor x

Artistic LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara