Friendship and Relationship Discoverys

Kate's POV
"L-Luke I'm sorry.." What's wrong with me? Is this what they call a panic attack? I'm feeling scared, I can't breath and my chest is so tight. Everything feeling like it's closing in on me. "L..Luke... I -I can't breathe..." I begin to cry and I see Luke jump up and lifts me from my seat. He pulls me into a tight hug and lets me cry into his shoulder with loud sobs.

"It's okay, just cry and let it out." I hear him whisper into my ear. After I begin to calm down he takes me to the living room and brings a glass of water.

"Thanks" I say barely making it sound clear. He sits facing straight at me on the sofa with legs crossed. "I take it that you want to council me right now and explain what just happened" He nods and gestures to my water.
"Drink that glass of water first. Then we can talk." He smiles and drinks his glass of water. I bet he only got a glass to make me feel less annoyed and lonely.

After both guzzling our drinks we begin to talk. "I still have no ideas why I pulled away from you. You only going to hold my hand. It's like you hadn't washed your hands or I didn't want to accept something." He sighs deeply and smiles at me.

"Can I ask you something?" He looks at me with a gentle smile.

"Nooo, asking questions is not allowed! Yes obviously" I say sarcastically. We lightly laugh.

Luke's POV

She had a panic attack. With me there. Why? Am I getting to close or invading her space? The last thing I want is me to hurt her. I feel guilty even though I don't the reason for her having the panic attack.

"Yeah Yeah very funny. I want to know why that panic attack happened. Was it because of...me?" The more I think about it the more I believe it.

"What, no! Stop telling yourself that it's because of you. I know you are. Look I think I do know the reason." Is she reading my mind now? Well at least I'm not causing her any problems. " I never have been complemented on my art work. In primary and secondary school people bullied me because of it and my foster parents don't want me doing art that much. They'd rather me take over their company so I never show anyone my artwork. Sam and my foster parents do support me but because of all the bad vibes from people, they have never seen a single piece of my art work."

Well this got sad. I sigh heavily, seriously this girl hasn't had a break until now. I hold her hands and look into her green eyes.

"Rose, I want you to promise me one thing. I won't you to promise that you will never keep quite about your struggles. Your struggles are mine and mine are yours. Promise me, yeah?" She looks at me and just stares. What is she thinking? "Okay so I bet you know what I'm thinking but how comes I can't know your thoughts too." She gives a little smile to my comment.

"We have known each other for 3 months..." she rests her head on the sofa and smiles.

"Yeah so, what's that got to do with anything?" Is she thinking what I think she is? Is she going to say what I want her to say? Please. Does she have the same feelings?

"I've never been friends with a guy for this long. I think I need a little celebration." She smiles weakly. "I'll make us dinner and we can chill tonight. Please don't ask as this is a desperate need of friendship from you. Don't take anything the wrong way. Anything I do or say is not really me." She must be so desperate. Bless her, well I must not show any feelings I have what so ever. She clearly only sees me as a close friend, which does make my heart hurt a little but that's fine I guess. I get to spend time with her so I'm not too down.

For the rest of the evening she cooks and I get told to sit and listen. She cry's at one point and I get up to go comfort her but she tells me to sit down. Usually she lets me embrace her when she's crying but this time, this time it feels different.

After eating and watching one of her favourite movies called 'High Strung' which is a love story about a violinist and a dancer. She falls asleep on the sofa. Just like last time I take her to bed but there are two things that are different. She will be sleeping in my bed at my house and secondly, she is talking in her sleep which she didn't do before.

As I carry her out of the sitting room and to the stairs, I hear her murmur my name.
"Luke...please...I'm scared...stalking me... that man...every Friday...when you were here...Sam...he was there..." as I was hearing this I began to feel my eyes well up and sting. What I gathered from this was that she was stalked by a man when I was with her brother and she was walking back after meeting with Madeline.

She mumbles a bit more. "... crush...Luke...wet hair...like a model...what should I do...Sam...like him..." She... she likes me? Does she really like me? I shouldn't ask her out on a date or even mention anything about this. This could be parts of the film we just watched.

I think I'll keep this to myself, all that she has just said about her crushing on me might not be true. As far as she has said about that stalker, I might keep a look out. Why would she keep that from me? Does she not trust me? Or is there more to this?

I sleep in the sitting room with spare blankets and pillows which I keep in a woven basket chest thing next to the fire place.

As I wake up I realize it's Monday today. Morning run! Knowing Rose and I need to go for a morning run I jump up and head to my room. I look in and see Rose still fast asleep. She really does look pretty when she's asleep.

I walk in and sit at the very edge of the bed next to her. Im not going to do that cliche thing where I move a piece of hair and tuck it behind her ear, that would for sure wake her up. I look at her fair skin which is glowing with warmth. Her fawn soft hair is displayed calmly over the pillow and just touching her shoulders.

I get up and get out my running gear, to my surprise that doesn't wake her up. Is she a deep sleeper? "Rose, time to get up babe" I immediately cover my mouth with my hands. Did I really just call her babe? Then I realized she didn't wake up from me speaking.

Wait. "Rose! Rose? Rose get up!" She doesn't move a muscle. In fear I run to the bed and start shaking her. Feeling how floppy and lifeless she felt made me think of my brother when I found him dead, he died in his bed. No way is she...gone... "Rose god damn it wake up for goodness sake!!" I shouted as loud as I could whilst I feel my eyes quickly feel up with tears, then she darts up. My heart bursts.

"Oh my god what's wrong? I'm up, I'm up! Why are you crying?" I flop over her lap and cry a little. Mostly out of relief that she isn't, you know, dead.

"Luke, were you scared I was...did it remind you of...Luke gosh I'm so sorry." She gently pushes me off her lap and hugs me. Feeling her warm touch and her breaths of a life I sink into her embrace.

"Rose, I'm sorry but I was so scared to think another precious person dies near me. I really don't think I can live if you...if you..." She finish's off my sentence knowing I'm too in shock to say it.

"- if I die, I know. Please don't worry okay. I'm just a deep sleeper, I am a little worried, if we stay round each other's houses you have to get used to me being a deep sleeper. Sam usually splash's cold water on my face."

We unravel from the hug and smile at each other. "Thank you, yeah I will get used it. By the way, the reason I'm up is because we need to go for our morning run."

"Ah yes, that will perfect for us we both need it. I'll wear your clothes that I'm wore yesterday and to bed then I'll go back to mine and get ready. We can meet and walk to school together. Sound good?"

"Yup. Lets get ready and get out the door. It's 6:24 now." We did exactly what she said.

Went for our run and talked for most of it this time and got to know her a bit more. Then went and had a shower and got changed, soon we met up at the bridge again and walked to school.

Whilst walking I felt like I was being watched, I kept looking around when Rose wasn't looking and eventually saw a figure lurking on the other side of the road. It had a black hoodie and black jeans. It also had a brown shoulder bag which seemed strangely familiar. Who is this stalker? Why are they stalking us?

I'm gonna text Sam and tell him what's happening.

Writers message:
Sorry this was only uploaded now, my sister came home from University last night so I kept on getting distracted by talking to her. Anyway, Hope you enjoy it. Stayed tuned for the Christmas/new year special episode.
TTaylorx