Spring Connection

Lucas's POV

Kate come's over and sits next to me. "That is such a cool piano! Like, it's really good. Do you play?" That meant a lot to hear her say it's really cool.

As I'm so used to keeping to myself, ever since my brother passed, most of the teachers in every school just leave me be. They get told about it and just give me feedback sheets so they don't have to talk to me. It's almost as if my brother dying makes me a bad person.  Which I know isn't right as they just feel sorry for me and don't want to accidentally 'upset me', but it gets lonely and distant. Everybody feeling sorry for me doesn't help me at all because they don't comfort me me or support me. 

Will Kate change that?

"No, I wish. My brother did. It's his death anniversary this coming weekend so I want to finish this for then." Holding back the urge to cry i tense my body hoping not a single tear falls.

"Oh I'm sorry. Anyway, can I come sit nearer too you. My phone has ran out of battery so I can't listen to music. I'd love to get to know ya better." She changed the topic thank god! Not many people do that well. Maybe she has been through something similar? Her saying she want's to get to know me better gives me butterfly's though.

"Yeah sure. I actually want to see your work, since you are the newbie. Can you even draw?" I smirk. She sticks her tongue back at me and smiles. Such a bright smile.

After her showing me her amazing sketch of her Peony flower and being amazed, I teased her as she admitted she was talking about me. That made me smile a genuine smile I haven't had in a good while. 

"Okay so we were talking about you but I saw you drawing me!" Shit. She saw me sketching her. I feel my cheeks burning up. God whats wrong with me? Just play it cool.

"Ha! Caught ya! Well, let me see the sketch." My mouth begins to form a grin which I can't hide as I'm starting to enjoy her trying get a sweet comeback. Well, I will just have to keep the book from her.

"No! You will never see it. Only my eyes can see the drawing." I smirk with my eyes staring at hers. Her beautiful eyes. I have only met her today and I'm already feeling like I'm crushing on her! Maybe it's because it's spring?

I put it in my bag and placed the bag next to me on the desk. As she was siting next to me on a stool, reaching for it would be a bad move...

...and that's exactly what she did.

"I will see it and I will bring force if I have to!" She said with a grin and leaped for it. Damn she must be curious. After moving the bag out of her reach she collapsed on me. Right on top of my crotch area.

"Sorry...I-I was trying to get your note book." I must say, I'm enjoying her embarrassment. There also feels as if we are connecting, I know that sounds so cringe and cliche but it honestly does.

"Mhmm. Sure, not trying to seduce me are we now?" I laugh and start packing my things, with her beginning to follow.  I can see her blushing, well that's a good sign I suppose. "Hey, how are you getting home? I can walk you home if you want, I bet your scared to be alone because you phone is dead." That came out a little too jokey as I'm genuinely concerned her walking alone when her phone is dead.

She agrees and I find out where she lives. It's on the opposite side of the bridge that crosses the river to where I live! This is even better. Now I have an excuse to see her before and after class. Wow, am I really liking her this much?

I haven't been in a relationship since that time my brother fell ill and you know...ughh I hope Kate can be the one to stop my trapped cycle of sorriness and loneliness.

Writers message:

Hello! I've updated the two previous chapters as I wanted to slightly edit them. I'm releasing 2 chapters again so stay tuned! 

TTaylor x