Chapter 6: Divided Loyalties

Damien's pov

   I was in my room...thinking  when some stammering messenger burst inside and told me that my father wanted to see me. So here I was walking through the dark hallways of the castle to my fathers office. As I meneuvered through the castle halls I continued thinking the thoughts that the messenger had interrupted. The thoughts about her.

   Well not her specifically, but about the situation. The archangel's daughter was my soulmate, and the one that I was supposed to kill. I really didn't know how to find away around this problem. I wasn't getting very far at all. Then I kept getting distracted by her, I haven't been able to stop thinking about her for more than five minutes! It was frustrating. I gazed ahead of me. The halls seemed to get darker the closer I came to my fathers office. I tried to think of any possible way to escape the problem weighing on my mind, but found none. I hadn't even told my father yet.

   I knew the castle so well that I didn't even need to watch where I was going. I was also preoccupied with my thoughts. I became more nervous the closer I got to the office. What if my father prevents me from seeing her again? What if she regects me? What if - my sentence cut off when someone run I to me. We both crashed to the floor, with the unknown person on top of me. Well this is why I should watch where I'm going. A moment later the small weight of the person dissappeared. I quickly rose to my feet and brushed off my clothes, attempting to regain some of my composure. But when I looked up all notions of composure dissappeared.

   It was her, Angel. She was here. The whipped, soulmate part of me wanted to kiss her, but the rational part of me knew better. Her arm was being held roughly by one of my fathers guards, and she winced in pain. I wanted to rip his arm off and burn it. Before I could act on my angry impulse, my father rounded the corner of the hallway.

   He was happier than I had seen him in years. "Damien, you are just in time to take the prisoner to her cell." He said, and evil grin etched into his face.

   I was completely lost. But I quickly pulled her out of the guards grip and kept a loose hold on her arm. I felt small tingles shoot through my arm, but I kept my face emotionless. Then I thought that if I put her in her cell then I could come back and talk to my father about the whole situation. So I dragged(gently) her off to the dungeons. The guard followed me through the castle halls,  but stopped when we reached the entrance to the dungeons. I walked down the old stone stairs. I am not joking when I say that the whole floor was the dungeons. But then again we are demons so... theres a lot of law breakers. The largest law was that you couldn't kill another demon (specifically demons). Each cell in the dungeon was specially made so that all magic stayed inside the cell. There were thousands of demons trying to convince me to let them out. I ignored them. I brought Angel to a more secluded area so that she wouldn't be hassled by demons. I hope.

   I stopped at a cell far enough away from the other demons and used a combination to open it. I put her inside and locked the door, promising myself that I would convince my father to free her. I started to turn away from the cell, but I paused when I heard her voice. "Why?"

   I froze. "Why what?" I asked, stalling. I knew that I shouldn't linger here just to talk with her, but I felt like I had to - like it wasn't an option to leave. So here I am standing here, waiting for her to speak.

   "Why did you save me, then leave me unconscious in a field?" She asked. I just shook my head and walked away. Not because I didn't want to tell her, but because I didn't have an answer really. Every decision that I had made that involved her, was based on my feelings. And according to everything that I had been taught, that was very, very bad. So instead of answering her, I walked up the stairs and back to my fathers office.