Chapter1

Before we begin, I'd like to take some time to source my inspiration for writing this book. Or should I say inspyration? :) Their username on WattPad is TheSeventhWriter.

They wrote a segment on a Christmas get-together for the Spy School universe, and I loved it. That's why I wanted to put together a full-out book for everyone to enjoy, it contains some holiday magic and good-old adventure with a little bit of romance on the side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I would've never believed that there would be a time in which I wouldn't want to see Erica, but I suppose there was a time for everything.

In case you don't know, Erica Hale is beautiful, smart, and possibly one of the best spies in all of the CIA. Don't take my word on that, take Cyrus Hale's word for it- Erica and her family are all legends in the world of espionage, and I could only hope to be as good as Erica in the future.

A few months ago, Erica and I stopped SPYDER, a secretive evil organization, from taking control of the U.S. military.

A year ago, Erica --as well my friends and I-- stopped Leo Shang, a Chinese billionaire and mastermind criminal, from detonating a nuclear bomb in Vail, Colorado, preventing him from monopolizing the sale of molybdenum. That's a long story.

And even before that, Erica and I stopped SPYDER from nearly destroying New York City, which was their attempt to gain billions in profit by charging the city to rebuild the bridges they had destroyed.

The list of things that Erica has accomplished in the years I've known her is extensive.

Now, before you think that i'm as skilled and able as Erica in the world of espionage, think again. The fact that I was with Erica on all these adventures didn't actually mean that I should have been on any of these adventures. I'm as athletic as your great-aunt, and don't get me started on my lack of ability to be an actual spy.

Where was I?

Oh yeah, not wanting to meet Erica. Well, ever since we saved the President and stopped SPYDER from taking control of the military, Erica has been distant and cold, avoiding eye contact and passing me by without so much as a glance.

Of course, i'm used to having Erica treat me this way; around the Spy Academy she's known as the Ice Queen- a well-fitting description of her personality.

But last year, when Erica and I were defusing Shang's nuke, both of us were unsure of whether we were successful in defusing it and thought we were actually going to die, alongside everyone in Vail. In that deathly moment, seconds away from what we thought was the end- Erica kissed me.

Later on, when we were able to speak again, Erica had assured me that the kiss was meaningless, but I knew it wasn't. From then on, she has more or less regarded me as a she would a snail.

I've always had a crush on Erica, and Erica doubtless knew that. My wish was that she liked me back, but in the two years that i've been with her, it's still hard to say.

Still, that kiss really cleared some things up. I knew that deep down, Erica liked me. At least a little.

Again, where was I?

Oh yeah, I was about to meet Erica. I walked towards the principal's office down the dirty hallways of the Academy. Fresh snow glittered beyond the windows; it was mid-December, and snow was common in Washington D.C. at this time. D.C. in the winter is beautiful, but it was hard to think of anything beautiful as I walked through the now-poorly funded CIA academy. The delicate snow turned into gray sludge after immediate contact with the roofing, and water leaked down the peeling wallpaper everywhere.