Prologue Pt.1

Third Person POV*

Jane, a mere toddler, age of four, romps and roughhouses with the other werewolves her age, playing peacefully in a clearing, peppered with peonies and roses, amidst the Lunar Star Pack.

Her parents, Evangeline and Mattius(Matt in short), watch their daughters from the sidelines, smiles enchanting their faces as they basked in Jane's happiness. They loved her so dearly that they would shower her with adoration and praise with every upcoming achievement, but being alphas and sensible guardians, they weren't lenient with reprimanding her for the qualities she possessed that may have been un-Alphalike.

"One day, I'm gonna be the strongest alpha in the world!!" She shouted, her voice reverberating around the serene meadow, a voice so powerful, yet coming from a being so tiny, cutting the quiet environment like a callous blade slicing through the pristine air, amidst the ambient silence. When she uttered those words, playful and carefree, Matt could decipher the ambiguous promise hidden, beneath the jubilant mask, an ambition that roared from the bottom of her heart, radiating outward towards her bosom and puffing out her chest. He knew, that his daughter was born to be an alpha, a queen, a ruler; the most majestic creature that has ever ruled. A valiant she-wolf that not only ruled with her iron fist, and viciousness in battle, but the graceful wordplay of sentences that are spoke candidly, with wisdom and experience.

He knew. He just knew. He could nearly predict the future. The future of his beloved daughter, his rose; a rose with a white hue. Illuminated in fluorescent lights amongst the darkness and cruelty of the world that she would soon have to face, and be educated on. He could see her rising up, ascending the remaining years of a relaxing childhood, soon training to become a warrior, a young. Woman who would I force order and discipline amongst his pack. A force to be reckoned with, yet respected for her dignity and selfless demeanor.

Evangeline directed her fire like gaze to Matt, already knowing what her mate was thinking, about their sweet darling. The minute she was born he had held her in his hands, whispering prayers and for telling her fortune and success in the world, and acting like a darn harbinger. It was ridiculous, really, almost comical, to see her mate and husbands face pressed into her pink tainted cheeks, his mouth curvaceous in a sincere smile, that reached his eyes ever so vibrantly. Matt looked like the happiest man—werewolf— on earth, even in the universe perhaps. Right then and there Evangeline knew that she would no longer be his first love. They were now only held together by their previous unerring love for each other, and the mate bond that still echoed within their hearts and wolves, and by the beautiful angel that was brought into this world, without a peep, no cries, only a small smile on her otherwise blemish free face. They were bonded by the motherhood connection she had to the child.

Evangeline knew that Jane would become the love of his life, just by the impenetrable wash of joy rolling off Matt in waves when he was in the mere presence of his daughter. His facial musculature was exerted in such a remarkable position, that the memory of it was forever embedded in her mind. Mates only wanted the other to be happy, and for her own daughter, the incarnation of her flesh and blood, to make her lover ever so jovial, was the only thing she could have ever yearned.

Her thoughts were dutifully interrupted by another high pitched shriek, the chilling voice of a toddler named Liam, again penetrating the warm quietness that had once lingered, "No, I'm going to be an alpha! Stronger than you!!"

Evangeline smiled, for she enjoyed her daughter having some competition as she climbed up the ladder destined for the individuals with heart, and determination. Her drive to become stronger was a passionate fire burning up her heart, and her pride was well met with the ability to strive to work hard. Both Matt and she believed that Liam was a great kid. A kid that was perhaps born for greatness, for he was well prepared, as he was rumored to be able to hold a sword, and swing it for all he's worth. It was an obvious observation to see the connection between the two; not one of a prophesied soulmate, but one of a trustworthy friend, and a dependable challenger worthy of competing against their precious flower.