Chapter 1 [The Hatake]

"I'm Ayame Hatake. Things I like things I hate... I don't feel like telling you that. My dreams for the future... never really thought about it. As for my hobbies... I have loads of hobbies."
A little girl smiled, making a simple introduction of herself at the request of her father's curiosity. He chuckled in amusement with a sigh following.

"Hey, Kakashi!" An olive skinned tall man with shirt spiky hair and a beard growing climbed in from the window, greeting her father, Kakashi. Kakashi rolled his eyes at him, "you could've used the door, Asuma"

"Uncle Asuma!" The silvered hair child, Ayame ran towards him in excitement, waving with two hands. He waved back with a smile, patting her head.

"Every time I visit, you two grow in similarity." Asuma laughed, casually strolling around. Kakashi smiled softly, locking another expression inside him.

"What brought you here?" Kakashi finally asked, seeing as Asuma wouldn't have came without a reason.

"Hokage-sama summons you." Asuma replied upon the reminder, scratching his head in embarrassment that he had forgot. "I'll get going then. See you around."

"Sorry Ayame, I have to go. We'll continue our training when I get back alright?" Kakashi gave her an apologetic look, his voice gentle and soothing. Ayame nodded, giving him a reassuring smile before he teleported off.

She sat on the coach with a book in her hand. It was a book Kakashi had recently bought for her, seeing that it might interest her. She stared out of the window, as her mind wandered off.

'It's odd, dad thought me things learnt in the Academy back when I was just 3 years old. I'm 5 this year and I should've joined the Academy last year but I didn't. I've already mastered the general techniques, maybe I should request dad to let me take the test. It's the first step to becoming a genin.'

She shook her head, ridding of the thoughts temporarily, she proceeded to reading her book.

Meanwhile, Kakashi was having a conversation with the Hokage at his office.

"Lord hokage you summoned?" Kakashi asked, knocking before he entered his office. There were piles of paper on his desk. He sat at the other side, his face covered by the large amount of paper work.

"Kakashi, you're here." The Hokage looked up from his work moving a pile of paper aside, allowing him and Kakashi to have a clear view of each other as they spoke.

"I just wanted know how Ayame is doing. I hope her training is going well." He clasped his hands, looking into Kakashi's dark grey eyes.

"Ayame is truly blessed with the skills of becoming a successful shinobi." Kakashi replied truthfully, his face sternyet heavy-lidded as usual.

"Do you think she'll be able to pass the graduation test at the Academy tomorrow?" The Hokage decided to ask after hearing Kakashi's response.

Kakashi was taken aback by his sudden decision. He stood there stunned. After a shirt silence, he replied, "yes."

"Wonderful. We'll let her take the test tomorrow. Is there anything else? If not, you're dismissed." The Hokage said, lowering his head to get back to his paper work after receiving a nod of acknowledgement from Kakashi.

Kakashi took out his book and read as he walked home, planning her training today inside his head.

"Ayame, I'm home!" Kakashi said cheerfully, entering the house. Ayame immediately rushed to the door, embracing him warmly.

"Welcome home dad!"

"I'll be teaching you about chakra control today. Let's go outside." Kakashi said, guiding her outside before he walked up the tree and stood on a branch upside down.

"Now you try. This training involves focusing a fixed amount of chakra to the bottom of one's feet, and using that to climb a tree without using one's hands. If the stream of chakra is too weak, the user will lose their footing on the tree and fall off. If it is too strong, the user will be pushed away from the tree, causing the tree to break around the point of contact and the user will fall." Kakashi tried explaining it as detailed as he could.

It wasn't long before Ayame mastered it, within 1 hour. Kakashi acknowledged, she was a natural because it'd normally take weeks to master just chakra control.

"Let's try the water surface walking practice now. To do this..." Kakashi demonstrated while explaining. "The user has to be emitting a constant stream of chakra from the bottom of the their feet and using the repellent force to walk across the water's surface. This technique is more difficult to master than the Tree climbing practice we did earlier because the amount of chakra that needs to be emitted changes constantly."

Ayame admitted, water surface walking practice was definitely more challenging than the tree climbing practice. But with some practice, she managed to master the skills.

"That's all for today, Ayame. You did well. How about I treat you some ramen?" Kakashi offered Ayame with a smirk hanging at the tip of his lips.

"Yay! Ramen!" Ayame cheered gleefully. She loved ramen. Kakashi would always treat her Ramen when he knows she made effort and he felt proud.

"Dad, can I take the graduation test at the Academy tomorrow? I'm sure I can pass it. Please, I know I can pass the test." Ayame plead, while they waited for their ramen.

"I nearly forgotten. The Hokage wanted you to take tomorrow's test. He says that you should be able to pass with ease." Kakashi replied, after remembering.

"Are you kidding me? How come you didn't tell me earlier?! I'll become a genin and I'll be on your team dad!" Ayame said, excited. Finally, she had the chance to become a genin. She had wanted to become one and be on her dad's team for a long time.

Kakashi smirked, "You know, I never pass anyone."

"Then I'll be the first you pass." Ayame replied confidently. Their ramen arrived just as soon as she spoke, Kakashi gave her a smile before they both dug in to their ramen.

Kakashi POV
'Ayame... It has only been 4 years, I don't know what I will do without you. I love you so much... I know you love me a lot but soon enough you'd find out, soon enough you'll... No. Kakashi. Don't think of it like that.' The thought emerged in my head while I was eating my ramen.

'If only it wasn't like that.' I sighed internally, 'It's no use thinking about that now. I should just enjoy it while I still can and take care of her to the best of my abilities.'

A/N
Hey yall! This is my first Naruto Fan fiction so I apologize for any unintended mistakes I make.😫 Also although this book is completed, I have yet to edit it due to procrastination and lack of time so I'm sorry if some part doesn't make sense due to typo errors! I'll try my best to get to it as soon as possible!

Lastly, I hope you enjoy this book! ❤

Edited: 28 Nov 2018