01

Peter sat on the apartment roof, swinging his legs and munching on his late-night feast; a churro. He surveyed the streets below - they were deserted. Then again, it was nearly midnight and no one ever wandered the streets unless they were doing something dodgy.

Which is why, when he saw a group of about four middle-aged men creeping around the corner of the street hundreds of metres below where Peter sat. With a sigh and a quick roll of his eyes, he pulled his mask over his head. Just as he was about to jumped down, he placed his churro on the edge of the building.

"Stay." He told the churro. 

Then he shot out a web to the other apartment on the other side of the street. He swung on it and connected lightly onto the cement wall of the building. Then he proceeded to creep down the side of the wall, head first. It was dark, the world only lit by the occasional street light, so Peter knew he had the safety of the darkness.

As he got closer, he heard the men whispering (rather loudly for a whisper) and paused to hear what they were saying.

". . . not out at this time!" One of them was saying gruffly. 

"You don't know that! We have to try!" A slightly high-pitched voice exclaimed relatively loudly.

"Keep it down!" The other voice hissed - Peter connected it to a bulky man who stood at least six foot two into the air.

"He has a point, though." A new voice piped up. Peter turned to the rough direction of that voice. The man of whom it belonged to was hard to make out - he was wearing black sweats and a black hoodie, which we had over his head, casting his face into shadow.

"We just need the bait." The same guy said in a matter-of-fact voice. Peter crept slightly closer, still straining his ears to listen.

"This dude could be dangerous! We haven't really met him - I mean, he works for Tony Stark!" The buff man said.

Peter froze at the name and tilted his head slightly in confusion.

"No, once again, we don't know that! Let's stop guessing and work it out for ourselves." The high-pitched man said again.

"He's an Avenger, I bet. You know; everyone is calling him the friendly, neighbourhood hero." 

"All he can do is shoot webs!"

Peter froze in fear; they were talking about him! But instead of that fear driving him away, it made him ever-more interested.

"Spider-Man isn't a threat to us - but Stark is. From what I've seen, whenever that Spider is in trouble, he turns up and saves him. He obviously cares for whoever is under that suit. So, the best way to lure him in is to capture something he'll come to us for." The man in the black hood whispered and Peter could hear the smirk in his voice. Now he was becoming apprehensive.

"So what can lure the Spider in? Some kind of disturbance." Squeaky Guy said. 

Peter's mind went into overdrive and he jumped down to the pavement below. Right in the middle of the huddle of men.

"Meh, no need guys. Right here." He said loudly. There was an immediate reaction, where the Black-Hood Dude, Bulky and another man who hadn't talked leapt towards him. Squeaky Guy squealed in fright - what a funny guy. Peter jumped high into the air, avoiding the attempts to seize him. He landed on the wall and shot a web at the man who hadn't talked who was then flattened against the wall of the apartment opposite him, trapped in the web.

"Get him!" The man who had been trapped in Peter's web cried. Peter sniggered - he understood now why he hadn't spoken. 

Then he jumped from the wall and onto the street behind the three men. He let out a little 'ahem' and they spun around simultaneously to look at him. They raced at him but he somersaulted through the air, right over their heads. When he landed, he shot another web at Bulky, who's arm's were now plastered to the sides of his body. Squeaky Guy faltered and seemed to be looking frantically for something. Then it hit Peter; Black-Hood had completely disappeared! He now cast his eyes over the scene, but couldn't spot the man - not even with his Spidey-Senses.