A Fluffy Surprise

A note from your quirky author: So I'm writing fanfiction, again. Let's just hope I do better this time around. I have a very odd mind, and I think in fragments, so please let me know if something doesn't look right.

~~

The platform was bustling full of witches and wizards. The air was full of excitement as the students boarded the train, most eager to start the year, especially the first years. I carried my bag onto the train, careful not to hit someone nearby. It didn't take long for me to find the compartment with who I was going to look for.

"'Mione!" I exclaimed happily as I hugged the frizzy headed witch. Hermione was a Gryffindor, so i got loads of talk for talking to her, since I was a Slytherin. The fact that she was a muggleborn didn't help any either.

Hermione had he bundle of frizzy brown hair tied up in a ponytail, and was already dressed in her robes. She laughed as we broke away from the hug, then motioned for me to stay where I was. I raised an eyebrow, but I did as she said and stayed there. It didn't take long for her to turn back around and pull out a small white kitten. I'm pretty sure that half it's size was simply fur. My eyes widened in surprise and I'm pretty sure I squealed.

"You got another cat?" I asked excitedly, I had a cat problem, and she knew it.. She shook her head.

"No, Crookshanks is enough for me, this ones for you, and early birthday present." I gave her a goofy grin as I took the kitten as she passed it to me.

"She have a name?" I asked as I stroked her fur.

"Thought you ought to be the one that named her." We sat down in a compartment with Ronald and Harry, Hermione's friends. They were more of acquaintances to me. I didn't really fancy the idea of being the boy-who-liveds' bestie. We were busy throwing out names for the kitten when a surprise visitor came over.

"Lily." The person said as they entered our compartment without so much as a knock. I looked over and instantly recognised the pale blond boy that stood in the entrance of the small area.

"Yes Malfoy?" I asked, I could feel the awkward tension forming in the small place. Draco Malfoy wasn't one of the trios best of acquaintances, heck, they bickered all the time. So as much as I wanted Malfoy to stay, for my own pleasure, I also really wanted him to leave. He glared around the compartment to my fellow passengers.

"What are you doing with these filth?" he sneered, I glared at him.

"Is the reason you came here to complain about who I choose to spend my own time with?" I asked him, he gave me a cold look.

"My parents sent me to send their regards for your upcoming birthday."

"Oh, um thanks, I guess." I said tucking my dark hair behind my ear. I knew they were only saying that because they were friends with my step father, they didn't like me all that much.

"They also would like your fathers response to their owl." He stated flatly. Owl, what owl? Severus never said anything about getting an owl from the Malfoy's, then again why would he. I was still curious though, so I decided to find out if Draco knew anything about it.

"What owl? Severus never said anything about an owl." I told him.

"If he didn't say anything to you about it, then it's none of your concern." Then left the compartment without another word. That obviously meant he didn't no anything about what it really was.

"I can actually feel the air warming up already." I heard Ron say. I glanced up at him and sighed. Now I really wanted to know what it was in the letter. I was only half paying attention when I heard chuckling, I snapped out of my thoughts.

"huh?" I said looking around.

"We picked a name for the kitten." Hermione told me. The kitten itself was playing around with candy wrappers left on the floor by Ron.

"Which is?"

"Laco."

"Laco?" I asked confused. They all nodded.

"Lily and Draco, makes Laco." I was very confused now.

"Why is he incorporated into this?"

"It's not that hard to tell you like him." Harry stated leaning forward reading his arms on his thighs.

"Oh, come on, I'm not that obvious..am I?" Their looks gave their answer away, I didn't even have to say anything. I groaned.

"What gives it away?"

"Well, you're WAY nice to him firstly." Hermione stated.

"I'm just a nice." I argued.

"No one's that nice to Malfoy just because Lily, and you know it." Harry said to me, I was about to argue but Hermione interrupted.

"Except you. Second, you were blushing like crazy."

"I-I was not!" but even as I said it, I felt the heat rising to my cheeks, causing the trio to laugh.

"Plus, she likes the name." Hermione said. She called out the name and the kitten looked up mewing.

"Fine." I said my face buried in my hands. "Laco it is."

The great hall was filled with students. I left Hermione and headed over to the Slytherin table. I was lucky enough to get a spot almost right across Malfoy. I did my best to simply pretend like I wasn't aware of his every move.

It was announced that Hogwarts was hosting the triwizard tournament. I eagerly listened to every word. I wasn't as bummed out as most when I learned that those under the age of seventeen wouldn't be able to participate. I wouldn't have had the guts to do it. When everyone was sent of to bed, I was one of the last people to leave. I walked in as everyone else was settling for bed. I got into a black nightgown and realised that Laco had scurried off. I chased her down the hall, calling her name softly.

"Laco." I called out when I reached the commons area.

"Yes?" Someone responded. I turned to where the voice was coming from. in a darker corner of the room, only slightly illuminated my firelight, I saw the figure of Malfoy.

~~

Vote~

Comment~

Add~

See you later my flowers!