Hiding in Plain Sight

A small warning: So, I'm not the best at writing from a guys prospective, but I tried. If any of you have some advice on how to better portray Draco, let me know, I would love to hear from you guys!

~~

"Bloody hell Draco." Blaise said exasperated as we, and some of the other guys headed to our fourth class of the day, potions. "First day back, and you've already got almost every girl in our houses year begging to know who you fancy. I almost told them that it was one of them to get them away, how in the bloody hell do they think I would know?" he rambled. I grinned at him. 

"Did you say almost, every girl?" He nodded, then began listing them off. Pansy was an obvious one, Melicent, and Daphne. "The only one that hasn't is Lily, but no doubt she'll join the list soon once she hear's the word." he stated as we got closer to the dungeon classroom.

I doubted it. Lily couldn't care less about who I liked no doubt. I could never fully understand her. The girl is the nicest Slytherin in a century, yet she seemed to be so hostile to me. Then again, I'm not the nicest to her either. Figured though, the girl herself didn't even want to know who I fancied.

"It's not fair." Blaise said breaking my train of thought. I hadn't even realised that we had gotten to the classroom entrance. "You've got all the girls in our year going for you, why can't I have at least one?" 

"Why don't you go sit next to Pansy if you want a girl so bad?" I suggested to him seeing she was sitting in our class on her own at a desk.

"I guess that checks of the chance of it being Pansy you're into at least." he said with a sly grin as he slithered into the seat next to Pansy. I sat into an empty seat and scoped out the class, not many where in there, though there were quite a few Gryffindor.

I was surprised when Lily came rushing into the door, out of breath. Snape had just began speaking, having to stop abruptly when she came in. 

"Try to be better at being to my class on time." he said slowly in his slightly nasally voice. "You will not be earning leverage because of status Lily." She was the only student he used the first name of, because it's a little odd calling out your last name when you needed to get a student's attention.

"Yes, Sir." she said quietly, looking around for a spot to sit, there were plenty op empty tables, but Professor Snape had a thing about partner work, and the only available partner, was me. She sat down aggressively and and rested her chin on her hand, not even giving me a glace in my direction. 

"Now, to continue my previous conversation." He said in monotone. "You will be keeping the partners you have now, if you have a problem with that, I don't particularly care." The room was filled with groans of complaints, but I think I heard a few whoops.

I looked over at Lily who was giving her step father a hard look, I didn't know a time when she wasn't trying to kill the Professor with stares.

"Well, I think you've got the best one." I told her with a smirk, she turned her glare to me for only a moment, before it turned at least somewhat softer. Her shifting hazel and green eyes piercing my very soul. I shuddered. The professor droned on, explaining to us how to brew a potion that I missed the name of, not one of us getting the chance to actually perform the task.

Pansy swept Lily away as soon as class ended. I followed behind. I wasn't actually following them, but they were going the exact way I needed to go, which was Quidditch practice. I knew why Lily would be heading that way, she was on the team, one of the best Beaters actually, but why was Pansy coming. I really hoped that she wasn't planning on staying and watching us at practice.

I admit I was eaves dropping, but I really needed to know what Pansy was planning. 

"-with him." I caught the ending of what Pansy said. Lily shook her head at whatever it was, she was also really red, I'd never seen her like that before, not even when she fell off her broom, causing us to lose the game that cost us the house cup.

"Malfoy wouldn't do anything like that." She said. When she said my name, I jumped slightly thinking they'd caught me eavesdropping, but that wasn't the case. I was curious to what it was 'I would never do'.

"What would I do?" I asked, forgetting that I was eavesdropping, and wasn't supposed to hear that.

~~

Vote~

Comment~

Add~

See you later my flowers!