Secrets at Breakfast

Yet another greeting from your's truly, me: I'm doing so much research for this. I mean, I know a whole lot from the books, but I wan't to make this believable as I can, without taking to much from Rowling. For instance, I'm using a lot more of lesser known characters, and trying to incorporate way more than most romance fanfictions do. Like I'm going to actually have subplots and such. I hope you all like it.

~~

"Draco?" I said slightly shocked.

"You gonna keep calling my name out or what?" He said coldly. I couldn't see him that well in the dark, but I was sure he was sneering at me. I didn't understand what he meant, I hadn't called his name out before, I had only called out to Lac-...oh.

"No, Draco, I wasn't calling for you the first time, I was calling my cat, Laco." I stammered.

"What the..What kind of a bloody name is that?" he said as I scooped up the ball of pure fur that had gotten me into this mess.

"It's a name okay, and I quiet happen to like it. Who say's I care about your opinion on the matter anyway?" I said to him defensively. I turned on my heel, suddenly aware of the cold floor on my feet and really wanted to get back to my room. 

"I never said it wasn't a good name." He said to my back. "Just a little confused as in why is rhymes with my name." He said. My head raced with excuses, but I just decided to be hostel to him, after all, that's what I did best when talking to him. Only when I want being overly nice.

"Why does that matter, I thought it was a cool name okay? It doesn't have to have a single thing to do with you, unlike you apparently seem to think." I told him turned around in the entrance to the hallway, before flipping back around and basically fleeing to my room, fluffball in hand, rushing to get my bare feet out of the cold.

The morning was even colder. I made a mental note to buy warmer pajamas next time I got the chance to go shopping at Hogsmeade. The room was empty, everyone else had obviously already left to breakfast. I, like usual, had slept in. 

I changed into my robes and as I had already taken a shower the night before. I rushed down the corridors as I hopped into my shoes, while carrying my books in my other arm. I reached the great hall, the whole place smelt like Porridge and Pumpkin pasties, my favorite. I found an empty spot next to Pansy and her gang. I wasn't their biggest fans, but over the years, I had taken a liking to Daphne Greengrass. She was the only one who even acknowledged I was there. It wasn't until she said hi that Pansy and Millicent looked up at me.

"Oh, it's you." Pansy said very enthusiastically. I pretended not to notice as I tied my hair up in a long pony tail. 

"Yup, good ol' me." I stated filling my plate with pumpkin pastries. I had a problem with them. That was about as much as we talked. Every once in a while I could tell they felt obligated to include me into the conversation, I would merely nod to pretend I was listening. It was only when I heard Pansy mention Draco that my attention was grabbed. 

"I hear he has a fancy for someone, but he denies it. All the boys deny anything, all except Blaise, who said that is was Draco's business, no one else's." She paused looking over to the group of guys down further along at the table. They were chuckling at something, the group was made up of Blaise, Goyle, Crabbe, Theodore, and of course Draco. Pansy turned back to us. "Blaise knows something." She and the other two girls started giggling, Draco and a few of the other guys turned to us, still grinning. 

I could have sworn Draco's gray eye's met mine. If only for a moment before he turned back to his buddies and said something, causing them all burst into laughter as they left the table. 

"Lily, you're the color of a rose." Daphne said softly. I heard Pansy and Millicent laughing. 

"Well, we may not be able to find out who Draco fancies so easily, but I think we know who fancies him." I hid my face in my hands. Great, Pansy Parkinson and her gang knew I fancied Malfoy. This was going to end beautifully.

~~

Vote~

Comment~

Add~

See you later my flowers!