Chapter 15

*Satvik Pov*

"Satvik! I need to speak with you." Mom's voice broke the silence and I gave her a nod while Anusha glanced at me and then at Mom.

Mom and I walked to the garden in silence and she just stared at the trees not saying a single word while I was just wishing she will let me talk about it clearly.

"Mom! The flat is not what you are thinking..." I started, but she cut me off by looking at me.

"I always thought that if I need anyone's help to keep this family together, then all I need to do is ask you." She started and I shook my head not wishing for her to go think like that.

"When you were a kid, you always liked it when we all are chatting together. Do you know the tradition of talking in the evening everyday with all of us together was because of you?" she asked and I nodded remembering how I wanted us to have that talk every day.

"Because I was not comfortable with anyone else except my family." I mumbled and she nodded.

"We have seen many bad days, Satvik. Your Dad nearly lost the company because of the rival and we were in very bad condition. But now, you seem to be married to her. We all are coming to its terms slowly. But trying to live separately? Why would we even accept her anymore?" she asked and I shook my head.

"We are not going to live separately, Mom. That flat is just so that we can take rest when we feel tired or when it is too late to return home on tiring days. And it is even for my friends." I explained, but she just stared at me.

"How much time will it take to get that flat as your own home, Satvik? Now, you are already having food prepared by your wife in the afternoon. Why don't I let her do it for the evening also?" she asked and I frowned by her words.

Anusha told me that Mom didn't want to send me food anymore, right? Then why is Mom talking like this.

"Mom! You are the one who didn't want to send me my lunch, right?" I asked and she frowned at me.

"Is that what she said?" she asked with a shocked expression and I couldn't reply to her.

"Well, she can say next that we all are torturing her and wants to shift. Is it what you thought of doing to your family?" she asked with a sad expression.

"Mom!" I mumbled, not knowing what to tell her.

"No! From this moment I just give up, Satvik. I do not care what you are going to do or anything. I will just behave like you both are not before me. And if you want to shift also I don't have any problem. Maybe that will be better than to have some other drama from your wife." Saying that she turned to walk away.

"Mom! You know me, right? Do you really think I will cause problems for our family?" I asked feeling knocked out hearing her words.

"You already did and we have to live our whole lives with such." And she just left while I numbly sat on the bench.

"Satvik!" I heard a whisper and I glanced at my watch to see I am sitting here for nearly half an hour.

"I thought you were still talking to Aunty but when I came downstairs for breakfast, I saw her but didn't see you." Saying that Anusha sat beside me.

"You told her we are not actually shifting, right?" she asked holding my hand.

"Why did you tell me Mom didn't want to give lunch to me anymore?" I asked and turned to see her frowning at me.

"Because that's what I was told!" she replied and I frowned back.

"Manvi said that and I just involved myself to not let you feel bad. Why?" she asked and I didn't know what to tell her.