Funereal Wedding

It was January, the Christmas celebrations were over and the guest's were planning to depart. Among these guests was the Lady Mary. Anne had grown close to Lady Mary during her visit and went to her room to bid her a good journey home, the feeling didn't go both ways though.

"Mary, may I come in. It's Anne" she whispered as she knocked on the door of the young bastard princess's room.

"Come in" Mary responded cheerfully, her spite for Anne was hidden well.

Anne entered the room and saw that Mary was packing away her stuff into her single trunk. "I can send for a maid to do that, a Princess shouldn't have to. I'l help you too and I can send for another trunk...."

"....Should you really be doing that in your condition Mistress Boleyn" Mary cut her off.

Anne was taken aback "What do you mean by that?" she carefully asked, nervous about the answer.

Mary sighed "You think the Court doesn't notice don't you. You are with child."

Anne was surprised by Mary's recognition of the fact and knew she risked exposure if Mary spread the news. "Yes I am with child" she began "But it's a secret, I haven't even told the King yet" she lied

"You haven't told the King" Mary was shocked.

"No, I haven't" Anne lied through her teeth "I want it to be a surprise when the baby is born".

Mary naively believed the lies that Anne was feeding her "Oh, I won't tell anyone then if it's a secret for the King. He has been so good to me with these presents."

Anne looked around the room, it was filled with gifts that Henry had given to his daughter, a beautiful golden chalice, a selection of material, 10 lovely french dresses with matching headdresses and a handwritten bible. There was no way that all of her new gifts would fit into her tiny chest, she would need at least 2 more. "I will ride into town this afternoon and I will buy you 2 new chests, it would also be a good time to pick up your present from me." Anne smiled

"You got me a present" Mary asked confused. Why would her mother's greatest enemy buy her a present?

That afternoon, Anne did as she had promised and took a carriage into town. She chose 2 trunks, each decorated with painted flowers and bought an engraved label for each. On each label she requested the words 'Lady Mary Tudor'. Then Anne went to the jewelers and bought a crystal tiara and matching brooch. The jewellery was adorned with rubies and opals. Finally, Anne began to head back to court but she stopped after passing the dressmakers. In the window there was a gorgeous cloak with a fur trim, it was red and had gold buttons as it's fastening. Anne ran into the shop and bought the cloak before travelling back to court.

She presented the items to Lady Mary who filled with joy when she saw them "How beautiful" she exclaimed as she tried on her new red cloak and matching jewelry "Oh thank you so much Mistress Boleyn".

Anne felt tears form in her eyes, the bastard princess reminded her so much of her sister.

Soon, all of Mary's things were packed into her new trunks and she set off back to Ludlow castle in her carriage. As soon as she was out of sight, Anne turned to Henry and exclaimed "Mary realized I was with child" she told him.

Henry was shocked "She did?"

"Yes" Anne nodded "And if a ten year old can notice in a few weeks, the court might start to notice soon."

Henry could see the look of terror in Anne's eyes, she couldn't be found out or her child would be declared a bastard "Very well then. We will be married."