Prologue: Normal

After three hours of sitting in the Oscars, my back hurts from keeping a perfect posture. I slouch a little in my seat. My manager, Claire, immediately notices and glares at me to sit up. Sighing, I return to my previous position. My mind wonder back to how my friends are doing.

It's been a few months since I saw them. Last time I went back to school, the spotlight was on me. People wanted autographs, to be friends, to talk, and anything that has to do with me. The school ended up giving me a private room to eat lunch in with a few close friends.

Even they were in awe of me. Every conversation revolves around me and we can't seem to go back to before. Especially, one person in particular: Oren, my best friend's older brother. Also my crush from the beginning of time. We seem to be drifting apart ever since I became famous. I miss him being himself and me being... well me. Plus Laura, my BFF. We never have anything to talk about anymore. I realize later on that we now live in two different worlds: Normal vs. Perfect. And I regret taking a step into the Perfect World. I feel like I lost myself.

"...Ruby Chang!"

Why did they call me?

"Ruby you won! Go up on stage!" Claire said.

"I won what?" I thought as I made my way on stage to receive my award.

"Congrats, Miss. Chang. I knew you were going to win "Best Supporting Actress!" The man handed me an Oscar.

"Oh my gosh!!" My heart thumps as I stand at the podium. I, the nerdy geek, had won an Oscar!!!

"Thank you, everyone!" My voice boom into the microphone. "I am honored to receive this award. A big shout out to my family, friends, and my team of supporters. I love you all. Once again thank you!" I bowed and claps and whistles echo throughout the room. With one last smile and a celebration dance on stage, I head back to my seat. Many shook my hands and patted my back. I high-fived each of them and danced up the stairs to my seat. Maybe I haven't lost myself completely.

...

Author's Notes
Hi guys!! This is my first fanfic on Wattpad. I'll try to update often but sometime things happen. Comment on what you like or what you don't like. Also, share with your friends!! Remember, TFBOYS forever!
Love ya 😘😘