Chapter 2 - Together

The GUN headquarter was tall, big and overall an imposing building in the town. The military and agents inside did their best to keep trouble away from the citizens. One of those agents, a young lady walked the corridors elegantly, but fast, as if in a hurry.

"Agent Rouge?"

A soldier stopped her on her ways. She looked at him slightly annoyed.

"That's me. What do you want?"

"Well... the commander would like to talk to you..."

"Tell the commander I have things to do. He needs to wait some hours until he can talk to me. I need to research some stuff for a... trip. Yeah, a trip."

"Agent Rouge, it's urgent. You should take Shadow and Omega too."

"Ah, fine then...!"

Rouge walked into the room she shared with her fellow agents and closed the door behind her.

"Great, there goes my plan of stealing that gem from the museum... Well, I suppose it can wait..."

She walked towards the dorm and realized the door was locked. Rouge found that strange. Shadow and Omega did not have the habit of locking themselves in.

"Shadow! Shaaaaadow! Jeez... What is he doing? He can't be sleeping. It's 2p.m.! Come on!"

The bat continued calling for a minute or two until she lost her patience and decided to just kick the door open.

"Heck, where are you Shadow!? I don't have the whole day here, you know!?"

Rouge looked around and noticed Shadow wasn't on the dorms, neither was Omega. She looked more carefully but couldn't find them anywhere in the room.

"You know what... Whatever... If those two are getting into trouble, that's not because of me. I'm pretty sure I don't need to worry about the Ultimate Lifeform and the best of the E-Series robots. They can take care of themselves. But I'll need to explain the situation to the Commander. Sigh..."

Rouge went down some other three or four corridors and went up to the last floor on the elevator, there entering a door at the end of another corridor. It was the Commander's room. She knocked the door.

"Come in."

"Commander..."

Commander Abraham Tower was looking through the window and had his back turned to her.

"Oh, yes, Rouge, Shadow, Omega, I have a very important mission for you."

"Huh... Commander... Shadow and Omega seem to have disappeared."

The Commander turned to Rouge, surprised.

"What? What do you mean disappeared? How come?"

"I don't know, but I've looked everywhere and they're just not here. Maybe they left in he morning but they didn't tell me anything at least."

"Well, once you find them, inform them your mission"

"And what would that be?"

"The Chaotix have contacted us informing Eggman has been sighted again. We'd better find him and defeat him for good before the situation gets harsh. The Chaotix plan on invading Eggman's new base, which we managed to track yesterday, with the help of the traveller and ex-Chaotix member Mighty the Armadillo, and with his companion Ray. Now here comes your part: you sneak into the center of the base and discover his plans while the main defences are distracted. We'll contact you and show you where you need to go through these G.U.N. communicators. Us and them together should be able to put this plan on action!"