Lesson #5

Roxy

Saturday swung by easily. I had so much work to catch up. There were so many meetings. I barely had time to talk to Hudson. We had time only to give each other brief glances and exchange important business conversations. It was like we put our personal conversations on the backburner and it was just waiting to make its presence known.

I rolled around in my bed that morning, feeling seriously exhausted. My shoulders were tense and migraines were bad. I didn't feel like dressing up or getting ready. I groaned and collapsed back into bed, stuffing my face with a pillow.

My phone chimed, indicating I just received a text or email.

I glowered at the evil device. It never leaves me alone. I swear if it was work, I'm chucking it out the window. I grumbled like grumpy and buried my face in the pillow again.

A few minutes later my phone chimed again.

"I'm not answering you. You can go away or I'm chucking you out the window. Now shut up." I threatened the unliving device.

There were days that I will wake up and feel like I could conquer the world and there were those days where I hate every face I see. Rolling out of bed is like tearing me away from my mama's bosom. It was that bad. Today was one of those days. I don't care if it was a Saturday and I could get a lot done with my personal life.

I just want to be alone.

"Is that so much to ask?" I grumbled again.

My phone stopped chiming. I fell back asleep and was woken up a few hours later to a knocking on my door. That extra three hours of sleep, did nothing to cure my grumpiness. Whoever was on the other side of that door, better prepare themselves.

I walked over to the door, yawning. My hair was a mess like usual. I wore a baggy old University t-shirt and my high school pajama pants that still fit me. Without bother peeking into the peep hole, I opened the door.

"What do you wa-" My words died on my lips when I saw Hudson staring back at me. Completely dressed in a casual baby blue t-shirt and khaki pants. His lips parted in surprise.

Fvck!

I slammed the door in his face and hurried to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. With already five minutes in. I put my hair up into a messy bun before walking out of the bathroom and running like a mad woman to the front door.

He was leaning against the frame but pushed off when he heard the door open. He turned to look at me and his green eyes sparked amusingly.

"Hi." I said breathlessly.

He broke into a grin, "Did I wake you?"

"What? No. I was-uh-you know doing stuff." I muttered, waving my hand in the air to further dig my humiliating grave.

He chuckled, "Ok, well I was wondering if you would like to have lunch. I texted you several times this morning but you were...probably busy."

Hell. That was him.

"Lunch?" I asked. He nods and I opened my door wider.

"Sure, why not?" I waited for him to enter. Eyeing his bottom as he did. Damn him. This assistant of mine has a nice butt.

He turned to look at me. I closed the door and smoothed some baby hair behind my ear. Clearly seeing that I was dressed in very ragged sleeping clothes.

His eyes swept my body before flickering up to meet my eyes, "Nice sleeping outfit."

"Oh this, it's old. The shirt—my University and pajama pants were back when I was in high school." I muttered. God, today was not going the way I expected.