Lesson #4

Hudson

I went home that night in sort of a daze state. The emotions I was feeling were conflicting. If I was honest with myself, I have secretly liked Roxy for a very long time but who was I kidding? She was totally out of my league and after tonight I wasn't sure if this was what I imagined us do. I imagined many things and had many wet dreams but to allow my need to take over my conscience was unacceptable.

Sighing, I threw my briefcase on the sofa in my bedroom and fell on my bed. I ran my fingers through my hair as I closed my eyes. Images of her soft body and how she felt ran through my mind.

Scoffing, I opened my eyes back up. I can't allow her to get under my skin. Roxy was fucking sexy and I can't deny the fact that I want her every second I am with her. However, she and I have a good work relationship and I can't allow this to ruin what we both have going.

Working under someone directly, you come to know them very well and I know Roxy well. She fought for this job with all her sweat and with her fists raised. I knew this job was important to her. It will destroy her to lose it.

Am I willing to put her in jeopardy?

No. Definitely not.

Loosening up my dress shirt I pushed off the bed and started to undress. I glanced at the clock and it was passed 11 in the evening. Pulling off the shirt and unbuttoning my pants I headed to my bathroom to take a shower.

I flicked on the bathroom lights and turned the water on to the right temperature. I stripped the last of my clothes and took a shower. Once I was done I stepped out and wiped myself down before pulling on a pair of sleep ing pants.

I dug my phone out of my brief case and dialed her number. A few rings after she picked up but she didn't sound sleepy. Knowing her, she was still probably working.

"Yes, Hudson?" Her sultry voice was like maple syrup. It was thick and smooth.

"Uh, Roxy, I hope I am not interrupting anything but I wanted to talk about what happened." I began. She remained silent and so I took it as my cue to continue.

"I think what happened shouldn't-"

"Stop." Roxy nearly growled into the phone. "I am not going to dance around. I am a very direct person and I like you, Hudson."

My heart palpilated like a beating drum in my chest.

"If you are going to tell me that you dont feel the same way that I feel then you are lying to yourself." She continued confidently but a hint of anger can be heard in her voice.

I moved to lie back in my bed and stared back up at the ceiling. She was right. It was almost as if she can read my thoughts without me telling her.

"What we are doing will jeopardize not only my job but yours." I pointed out to her.

"I can take care of myself, Hudson." She replied steadily and almost in an offensive manner. I knew her ego was bruised from my comment.

"I'm not saying you can't. What I am saying is I don't want you to go through it." Sighing as I pinched the bridge of my nose to stop me from feeling frustrated with her.

"I am happy you feel like you need to protect my reputation but-"

"Roxy, this can't happen again." I nearly shouted into the phone as I waved my hand in the air.

She fell silent for a moment but I knew she was still there because I can hear her even breathing. I didn't want to come off as a jackass but I also knew this was wrong.