Chapter 2

Just the sound of that voice sent Miku's heart into a frenzy. She turned slowly, giving her brain time to process that this was actually happening.

She was met with beautiful, blue eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes that she thought would never open again. Luka looked around for the first time in five years. Miku watched as she lifted her hand to her face and stared at it in bewilderment. It didn't surprise her. After being inactive for so long, everything must have been brand-new to her.

Luka walked out of her pod, her legs a bit shaky.

At that moment, Miku recovered from her shock. She ran to her and threw her arms around her, relishing the warmth she had missed for so long.

"Luka," she sobbed, unable to hold in the tears of happiness, "I missed you so much!"

"M-Miku..." Luka said, slowly returning the shorter girl's embrace.

Miku sobbed into her chest for a few minutes before pulling away.

"Oh, my God, Luka, you have no idea what I've been through," Miku ranted, finally having someone to listen to her, "I've been trying to repair you for the past four years since the 'accident'! Master kept telling me that it was useless, and I-!"

"Miku," Luka said calmly, interrupting her, "what 'accident'?"

Miku blinked. Was Luka making some sort of sick joke?

But, her expression was one of genuine confusion.

"You don't remember?" Miku asked, just to make sure.

The pinkette's hair swayed gracefully back and forth as she shook her head.

'What else doesn't she remember?'
Miku asked herself, fearing the answer but wanting, no- needing, to know.

"Luka, try telling me the names of the other VOCALOIDs," Miku said, deciding to start off with simple questions, "Order doesn't matter."

This time, it was Luka's turn to blink.

"Who?"