--2--

Sean laid in his hotel bed, staring up at the ceiling fan as it spun steadily. It had been a long and busy day, yet he couldn't fall asleep no matter how tired he was.  He simply remained motionless, listening to the sounds of late-night traffic out on the street. 

  Repressed memories of a night from the year before was flooding into his mind. Thanks to Felix, he was replaying the day he tried so hard to forget. Sean could hear the words spoken to him on that day as though he was still in the past.

                                                                                       ~~~

[*Please note that I took this from a short Septiplier story I wrote, the original is much better please read that, I tried to add the link*]

"Dude, you know your hair looks crazy under these black lights," Mark shouted over the loud, thumping music as the group of friends plopped down at the bar. "It looks radioactive."

 "Yeah, well you just look like you dunked your head in tomato sauce," Sean teased in retaliation before ordering a glass of whiskey on the rocks. Mark and Ryan both ordered beers while Matt, their designated driver, headed towards the dance floor with some ladies.

  The trio chatted and sipped their drinks cheerfully, not once stopping to think about work, or even the convention that was in a few days. After a few drinks, Mark announced that he wanted to play beer pong, despite the fact that he was already pretty drunk. Sean laughed heartily at the idea, finishing off his second drink and placing the glass on the counter.

  "You say that as though you expect to win," he stated with an eye role as he rose from his seat. With a small, friendly shove, Mark was also urged out of his seat and led to a long table currently surrounded by college students.

  "Move out of the way, Markiplier is coming through," Mark boasted to the students, his speech slurred. Ryan laughed and politely asked if they could play a round of beer pong at their table. Once they came to an agreement, the game began.

  Due to the amount of alcohol in his system, Mark managed to miss every shot that he made - he even missed so badly that he ended up hitting a frat boy in the crotch with a ping pong ball at one point - and ended up losing completely. Sean missed a few shots, but he took his drinks down well and was able to continue playing until the very end. Once they finished, it was declared a tie between Sean and Ryan, as they were the only ones able to even stand straight afterwards.

  As their night came to an end, Ryan was forced to drag Matt away from the ladies, and Sean forced to drag Mark away from the booze. The four piled into the van, with Mark bumbling like an idiot in the backseat with Sean, and they headed to Mark's place. During the entire ride, Sean watched the lights whiz by out the window. He was filled with joy from being able to actually have fun with his friends, a rare occurrence with their busy schedules.

  Soon enough, they pulled up to Mark's home. While they were walking in, and Sean was dragging Mark along, he raised the question of where he was going to sleep. Mark teased that he could sleep with him, but Matt gave a serious answer, explaining that there wasn't an extra room. His only sleeping options were on the couch or sharing a bed with Mark. This news wasn't much to Sean as he planned on sleeping on his couch anyways. However, Mark had a different plan.

  While Matt and Ryan headed to their own rooms, Sean was left with the completely wasted Mark. With a heavy sigh, he grabbed the man and helped him to his bedroom, despite his refusal to cooperate. Sean swore at his friend for falling over as he pushed the bedroom door open and led the drunken man to the bed. He tossed his bags aside and then sat Mark down on the bed.

  "You need to sleep, Mark. I'll go out and sleep on the couch," Sean turned to head out, but Mark protested. He whined and pleaded for him to stay. Of course, Sean refused, admitting that it'd be awkward as hell to share a bed with his friend, especially considering how drunk he was. Mark's voice grew needy as he continued demanding him to stay, until he came up with an offer.

  "I'll even let you have the whole bed. I won't bother you," he said as he stood up carefully. His words sounded sincere despite all the alcohol in his system.

  "What about you then?"

  "Stay in here, I'll sleep out there," without hesitating for even a moment, Sean was shoved into the bed before he could protest, and Mark hobbled out of the room.

  "What an idiot," he sighed in exasperation, yet proceeded to get ready for bed. He searched his bag for his necessities: his glasses, his phone and the charger, a change of clothes for the next day, and a small Sam plushie to make him feel at home. He placed Sam next to a Tiny Box Tim plushie on Mark's shelf before stripping to be more comfortable and ready to sleep.

  As soon as he crawled into Mark's queen sized bed to sleep, he heard a commotion out in the hallway. Someone (or something) was thumping against the walls and taking noisy, fumbling footsteps. Sean sat up abruptly, becoming alert. Suddenly, the door swung open and Mark burst into the room, tears running down his cheeks.

  "Mark, what the fuck?" Sean shrieked, yanking the blanket up to cover his half naked body. Without a word, the drunk man stumbled onto the bed, wrapping his arms around Sean and sobbing apologies. Sean struggled to lift his body off of himself without any success. However, within seconds, Mark was snoozed and seemed to have passed out, his body becoming limp. He took this opportunity to roll the older man onto the other side of the bed. He turned his back to his friend and tried to finally get some sleep, but Mark's presence prevented him from even shutting his eyes. Just the sensation of his body heat beside him caused him to feel awkward. Sean squirmed in bed, causing Mark to open his eyes and stared into the messy green tufts of hair on the back of his head. Still in his drunken state, he scooted closer to the Irish man and wrapped his arms around him.

  "M-Mark, are you okay?" Sean stuttered, shocked from the sudden warmth surrounding him. He felt uneasy, but he wasn't capable of breaking out of the embrace.

  Without a warning, Mark grabbed Sean's face, turned it towards him, and planted a sloppy kiss onto his lips. Sean swore his heart stopped. The few seconds that passed seemed like hours. Once he was fully aware of what was happening, he shoved the older man away in protest, his face instantly heating up.

  Mark's hands then began to wander and he gently caressed the other's chest from beneath the covers. Despite the awkward feeling surrounding Sean, he couldn't bring himself to stop him. No matter how much he wanted to deny it, he had to admit that a part of him found pleasure from it.

  "Jack," Mark whispered, his voice barely audible. "Let's fuck."

  Sean snapped out of his flashback, not wanting to replay those memories.

  "Mark forgot so easily, so why can't I?" he sighed, grabbing a pillow and using it to cover his face. He yelled into the thick cushion, releasing his frustration.

  Ever since that night, Sean's feelings towards Mark had completely changed. What he had experienced had awakened new emotions from deep inside his heart. No matter how hard he tried to suppress it, his heart swelled every time he saw Mark, and he found himself binge watching his videos in whatever spare time he had. He longed to feel the bliss that he felt on that night, even if it meant facing the pain that came along with it. Reliving that moment - where Mark's fingers had so gently caressed his skin and they shared an intimate kiss - would be worth more heartbreak in his mind.

  A thought crossed his mind: perhaps his heart would stop aching if he revealed his feelings. Maybe it would fix everything. If anything, he'd at least be able to release a heavy weight from his chest, whether the results were good or bad. But was it worth the risk of losing a friend?

There was only one way to find out: a confession.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's been so long!!! >_<" I'll try my best to finish this story <3 thank you to everyone who's reading this!! Please check out my other Septiplier story, the scene from this chapter is much better described in that one :)

Stay tuned for more!

-K