4. How does it feel to be back?

Kyle's POV

I can't breathe.  I can't move.  Everything is moving like in slow motion.  Ciara is walking, smiling and kissing the man beside me.  What the hell is happening?

    "Hi honey," it was David.  He pulled Ciara closer to him.  Just like any other man, I think he is marking his territory.

    I looked around and saw serious faces from my bandmates.  Just like me, all of us was in awe with what just happened.

    "Guys, this is my fiancee'.  Ciara Montecillo." Nakangiti si David.

     Fiancee?  What the fuck?  Ciara is engaged?

     "We are scheduled to be married next month. Exactly a month from now," masayang sabi pa ni David.

     I looked at Ciara and I know she is avoiding my gaze.  She smiled to all of us but she never looked at my place. 

     "I know them, David.  Lars here is my cousin's husband.  They used be my - " nakita kong tinapunan ako ng tingin ni Ciara pero mabilis din niyang binawi iyon."  They used to be my friends," at pinilit niyang ngumiti.

    "Really?!" Parang mas lalong natuwa si David sa sinabi ni Ciara.  "Wow.  Small world."

     "You didn't tell me that you are going to meet them." Kita kong seryoso si Ciara.

     "I am so sorry, honey.  I wanted to surprise you.  I already told you hundreds of times that I want to meet with them and work with the Black Slayers.  Ikaw lang ang laging kumokontra," natatawang sabi ni David.

     Hindi sumagot si Ciara.  Pero alam kong hindi siya natutuwa na naroon siya.  Hindi siya natutuwa na naroon ako.

     "I have to go.  May pupuntahan lang ako.  See you later," at humalik siya sa pisngi ni David.  Tapos ay pilit na ngumiti sa amin.  "Nice meeting you all."

     Iyon lang ang sinabi niya then she walked away from us.  Her steps are fast parang gusto pa ngang tumakbo.  She doesn't want to stay there.

     She is running away from me.

    "It is so nice to know that you are friends with Ciara," ngiting - ngiti si David.

     Walang maglakas ng loob na magsalita sa mga kaibigan ko.  Even Jane.  She doesn't know what to say.  They know how much I waited for Ciara to come back.  Kaya alam kong sobrang nabigla sila na ganito ang nangyari.

     "Oh, yeah.   She was a friend," ako na ang sumagot noon.  Nakita kong tiningnan lang ako ng makahulugan ni Lars.

     "Ciara is an extraordinary woman.  She's tough, she's strong.  So opiniated that's why I like her so much.  We've been together for six months and I know from the very beginning she is already the one," kitang - kita ko ang kasiyahan sa mukha ni David habang sinasabi iyon.

     "Can we talk about the concerts?" Si Vlad ang nagsalita.  Alam kong gusto na niyang iiwas ang usapan tungkol kay Ciara.

     "Oh sure.  Sorry.  I got carried away.  So, if you guys are settled with this, we can schedule your Asian Tour," sabi niya.

     Marami pang sinasabi si David pero hindi ko na maintindihan iyon.  Pinabayaan kong sila na lang ang mag - usap ng mga kasama ko.  What's inside my head is what happened to me and Ciara.

       Those two years that I waited for her, those lonely nights, sleepless nights thinking about her all went to the dumpster.  I waited for her that long hoping so I can make everything right.  I wanted to make it up to her but I think I am too late already.