Armando Salazar x reader (soulmate au)

Author note:

(y/n) = your name

(l/n) = your surname

(f/n) = father's name

(s/c) = sister's name

(h/c) = hair colour

(h/l) = hair length

(e/c) = eye colour

(She/he) (her/him) (hers/his) = choose your preferred pronoun

-------------------------------------------begin---------------------------------

The ghostly crew of the Silent Mary drifted absentmindedly along its deck. Numbly performing tasks they had when alive; or else standing lost to the monotony of their thoughts. No wind stirred the oily surface of the water in which the Silent Mary had come to rest. Nothing stirred within the confines of The Devil's Triangle. Silence reigned above all else.

Stuck in this purgatory, many of the crew had retreated within themselves, or become consumed by their rage and fought constantly. Tensions were always high as patience constantly frayed. They had grown numb to the constant pain of the wounds that killed them; constantly burning, forever drowning, ultimately numb.

However, there were few among their number who helped to relieve the boredom and raise the spirits of the crew. The officer's Lesaro, Santos and Moss providing much needed moral and emotional support.

They stepped up out of necessity, to play the role of emotional role model usually held by the captain, for he was the one most in need of their help.

Yet he shunned it.

Teetering on the brink of insanity. Consumed by rage and a lust for revenge on the man who had trapped them all those years ago.

Captain Armando Salazar. Once a proud member of the Spanish navy. Now a twisted husk of his former self. (Being dead not included).

For years on end he had stood by the ship's wheel. Dreaming of freedom, trapped within his thoughts as the triangle's influence sunk deeper into his bones. His mind drifted. Images of the compass, the Silent Mary's last battle and his hated enemy Jack Sparrow floating in his consciousness.

He was lost in a swirling sea of emotion. A violent storm where the waves flashed red. His past and damned present, clashing in an ever escalating struggle for control of his mind.

Something changed.

A ship was approaching. Unlike any other time a ship had approached the triangle, the triangle reacted violently. To the rest of the crew, nothing changed except for the air growing slightly heavier and their Capitan suddenly tightening his lazy grip on the ship's wheel, but to Armando, his senses awoke from the numb cold they had been submerged in for too long; and flooded with pain. Writhing red lights shone behind his eyelids and his neck burned. The words stamped onto his skin, which for so long had been of no consequence, cracked and fading into darkness, reformed. In his minds eye, he saw a faint golden light battling the red mist of the triangle. The vision ended as swiftly as it began.

He opened his eyes, the battle still raging within.

Armando straightened as ripples travelled along the surface of the water.

A ship was coming and the triangle feared its cargo.

-------------------------------------3 hours earlier------------------------------------